PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Mag Body

PBall Freak
12-30-2002, 10:12 PM
Ok, i wasnt sure where to put this thread, and i thought this would be the best spot. ok so i have been looking for a new marker, and i think im gonna get a mag, because there small, light, and cheap. I was going to get a 2k3 shocker, which i still mite, just i keep changing my mind Anyway, i want to build from the body up, which i know will be more money but i just want to get everything i want. My question is the body. Should i get the Z-Body, which i can for around $250, which is kinda exspensive, but it suposidly puts backspin on the ball, and you can adjust it so there is no backspin, or it actually travels up in the air. Or i could get the new body AGD has, the SLUG, which is a raw mag body, only 1/4 inch thicker, and it takes cocker barrels and angel feed tubes, both the barrel threads and feed tube threads, is one of the reasons i want it. The reason it is 1/4 inches thicker is because you can mill it yourself, which i do can get a hold of one sense my grandfather has a metal working company. Or i could mill my own body from a chunk of aluminom. But the Z-Body looks like it has some extra metal to mill. Just give me your oppinion. Or i could always go with a stock body. Thanks for your help!

Remington
12-30-2002, 10:19 PM
I would stay away from the Z-Body. Some people swear by it but from what I hear the only good performance you can get out of it is from dry paint(i.e. Marballizers, RPS paint in general). If you use Team Colors and such you won't get as good a flight trajectory as you would with RPS paint. Anyway. If you can get the sluggo body milled go for it, I prefer the twist-lock mag body over it but oh well. It's really all just a preference thing. By the way: Welcome to AO!

PBall Freak
12-31-2002, 11:00 AM
One of the reasons i wanted the slugo was because it had angel feed tube threads and cocker barrel threads. Most of the mag twist and lock barrels are like $10 more or somthing.

BajaBoy
12-31-2002, 12:54 PM
look into PTP, www.proteamdirect.com

a 2000 body is 199 (cocker threds)