PDA

View Full Version : classic valves discontinued?

Grubel
12-31-2002, 11:14 AM
I've read that classics traded in with the "go retro" program are being melted to get them out of circulation.
Does this mean classics aren't being made anymore so that x-valves will be the norm, or that AGD just wants the older classics gone?

yeahthatsme
12-31-2002, 12:11 PM
no they just dont want to circulate used valves around, i doubt that they stopped making classic valves.

magman007
12-31-2002, 12:19 PM
actually, the idea, is to get one valve out there, and not 2. They are trying to phase the classic out as far as i understand.

digitard
12-31-2002, 12:36 PM
yeah,
The classic is a great stock "low cost" gun (probably one of the best for the price) .... its just that with the level 10 and the RT valve being the new norm they want to slowly get rid of the classic valves in circulation.... get em to the latest and greatest.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Mossman
12-31-2002, 01:26 PM
Until every tourney player uses an Xmag or RTpro i couldnt see them phasing classics out. In the newbie/intermediate world where people are afraid of electros, its still cockers and mags from what I see (and spyder clones). Lots of ballers cant afford a n2 tank and cant get fills anyways, so while I cant wait til the level 10 and X valve are the norm, i couldnt see AGD replacing the classic valve completely.

personman
12-31-2002, 02:32 PM
They melt them because once they are circulated there could be problems with the stability, and they try not to have to fix so many valves. So they melt them to make new classic, and retro valves.
No, they arent discontinuing..

Kevmaster
12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
AGD will make and will continue to make the Classic Mag which will have a classic valve. soon, they may have a LX included, but it will still be a classic valve.

The reason AGD wants to trade in and melt down old Classic valves is twofold:
1) as htey get older, it costs more to fix them and AGD doesnt want to continue fixing (for free usually) 10 year old valves.
2) if the old valves break on the field(which they do more often when 100,000 rounds+ have been fired through them) it makes AGD's rep go down.

AGD is willing to take some cost back to get these old valves off the street to make thier tech support less and make their rep better

AGD
12-31-2002, 07:16 PM
We are not intending to discontinue the Classic valve simply because so many of our customers still use CO2. We do want to get old product off the market so that's what we are doing with the trade in.

AGD

Paintchucker
05-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Had an interesting question come up over on PBNation...

Back at the end of December, 2002, in this thread, KevMaster mentions that classic mags may come with LX in the future.

So, Is it the Future Yet??? :)

Kevmaster
05-15-2003, 08:18 PM
if its the future...i havnt seen it...

Lopy-slopy
05-15-2003, 11:05 PM
They will keep makeing the classic valve as long as people still buy classic automags. And people still do. Seeing as it's low cost I would think it is one of AGD's top seller(correct me if I'm wrong). They wouldn't put X's standard on Classics becuase they would have to double the price. Buying a stock classic is the same price as a X valve with trade. Right now AGD has a "nice progressive" sellection of guns. They start with Classics, then RTP's then Emags and Xmags. People could buy progreeivly better guns as they get better but still only buy AGD(as I plan to do) I wouldn't want them to get rid of that.

jaylock33
05-16-2003, 08:22 AM
It's smart business to still do the classics. I don't think I would have gotten my first mag if someone told me that I had to get a $150 plus tank because I couldn't use CO2. Made the transition from spider to mag easier on the cash flow.