PDA

View Full Version : maybe a dumb question but...

CFD323
12-31-2002, 12:21 PM
I currently use a preset tank with an on/off attached. The problem I have is sometimes when I screw in the on/off (to pressurize the gun) the bolt will stick and air leaks out. I've been told this is due to the fact that when I screw in the on/off the pressure coming in isn't full pressure right away. It takes a couple seconds to screw in the on/off all the way so the valve isn't getting a quick, full hit of pressure at once, but actually over a few seconds. I've been told there'd be no bolt stick/leak if the valve charged immediately. So I was thinking about switching from micro to steel hose anyways but I was wondering if I have the steel line detached from my valve and then open up my bottle, will the pressure on the line allow me to use the quick connect fitting to attach it to the valve, or will the pressure be too great for me to attach the quick connect ?
I know using a slide check valve would also fix this "problem" but I've used them before and accidentally bumped them in game situations and killed the air supply momentarily. I also thought about using a proconnect too as this would work, and it wouldn't get bumped in a game and shut off.
And lastly, where do I get the rubber shrink wrap that I see everybody using on their steel lines ?

Raptor3359
12-31-2002, 12:31 PM
i dont know about the hoses and stuff but try holding down the trigger when u turn the gas on, then once its as full pressure let go of the trigger.

hitech
12-31-2002, 12:33 PM
The easiest way to fix your problem is to hold the trigger down when screwing in the tank. When it's all the way in let go of the trigger. :D

Jonno06
12-31-2002, 12:42 PM
do you have the on/off in the off position when you put the tank on?

then you just flip it over to on?

oh,i see..it takes a while for he on/off to go "on"...

yea,try holding down the trigger.

Blennidae
12-31-2002, 01:49 PM
Here is what I do to address the issue. When I am about to gas up my gun, I screw in the on/off all the way in. I then screw the tank into the on/off. This hits the valve with a "quick blast" of air. Its also easier than turning the knob when its pressurized. I hope that made sense.

Of course the flatline I use on my primary has the really nice 1/4 turn on/off.:)

rehme
12-31-2002, 01:54 PM
or you can just put your squeege and push the bolt back and catch the sear