PDA

View Full Version : magnetic frames

magzown3
12-31-2002, 02:01 PM
I think that agd should come out with a replacement frame for the automag classics and rts that works with magnets, just like the emag. That seems like it would be a good idea. Maybe an intelliframe with magnets, i dont know.

cheetah256
12-31-2002, 02:11 PM
medusa frame anyone?

i don't remember if they're released yet, but there was a really long thread about it...

spazzed
12-31-2002, 03:12 PM
It is/was in Tech...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45271&highlight=Medusa

billmi
12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by magzown3
I think that agd should come out with a replacement frame for the automag classics and rts that works with magnets, just like the emag. That seems like it would be a good idea. Maybe an intelliframe with magnets, i dont know.

The RT and the Classic return the trigger to its original position, so adding magnets to do that job will only make the trigger pull heavier, like adding a return spring to an RT or classic.

As for adding a magnetic actuator like the HES on the E-Mag that is available as an upgrade - it's the E-Mag factory conversion, since in order for the electronic signal to fire the 'gun you also need the solenoid, battery, electronics and new sear that are on the E-Mag.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

billmi
12-31-2002, 03:22 PM
The Medusa frame is a pivoting trigger frame designed in such a way that the same frame and trigger can be installed on an Autococker or an Automag. It has a magnetic return system that eliminates the need for a trigger return spring when used on an Autococker. When used on an Automag, that does nothing but make the trigger pull heavier, since a 'mag supplies all the trigger return force necessary, through gas pressure on the on/off pin translated to the sear and out to the trigger.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

mag-hatter
12-31-2002, 05:27 PM
is there a way to make the return snappier on the classic valve?

Dern
12-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Well, the higher your velocity, the faster/harder the trigger comes back, but the same goes for the trigger pull. The retro/x valve is what you want if you are looking for really snappy trigger pull/return