PDA

View Full Version : Fireball mountain?

Derman2k
12-31-2002, 02:46 PM
How is Fireball Mountain in Old Bridge? Are super sundays really crazy? like the level of players?

PsychoBaller
12-31-2002, 07:02 PM
Fireball Mountain is kinda crappy....
The netting should all be redone on both of their Field Playing Sites (oldbridge and Englishtown)

People that work in the shack store are youngin's half the time, and don't know wut your talking about..

Parking lot is a mess in 2 ways... one its all mud and gravel.. lots o pot-holes....
and 2
People are unattended in the staging area.. shooting wildly... nobody really watching and supervising what is going on.....

Go to www.shooterspb.com at REXPLEX up on The Turnpike
or just go down to TopGun...

Blazingace
12-31-2002, 10:39 PM
I would agree with Baller for the most part.

1:Understaffed, at Old Bridge there are not enough people to even set up the Airball field right. Even the North Hanover/Englishtown field is understaffed since it gets most of the walk ons.

2:Competition, Old Bridge is the mor Speedball oriented field. It has, most of the time, a bunch of Tourney wannbes. Young kids sporting expensive guns. Its fun to beat up on them.

3:Fields, the Norht Hanover field is nicer. At least there is gravel on the driveway. The Airball field is pretty new so it is fairly good shape. That is pretty much it for tourney type ball at that field. Old Bridge has more "tourney" type fields. There are alot of small trees that hamper shooting lanes. Lego, Airball, Spools are all at the Old Bridge Fields. Tha parking lot is a muddy mess if it rains, REALLY bad.

4:Staging area, the North Hanover staging area is set up with the newbie in mind. Tables and benches dominate the area so that the refs can keep there groups together. The Airball field is off to one side so you can do you own thing. The refs are pretty good about safety at North Hanover. Old Bridge is a different story. Since there really isn't any refs ther are alot of safety infractions in the centrally located "safe" zone. It is easier to get to the field at Old Bridge but the standards are lacking.

Personally I like playing at North Hanover better than Old Bridge. We play Airball all day and no one bothers us. Once in a while some refs come over to check us out and maybe do a game or two but that is it. My biggest gripe is that the games don't start going until like 11 o'clock. I can't wait that long to start playing.