PDA

View Full Version : How to take screenshots on DVD player...?

Will Wood
12-31-2002, 06:17 PM
Well. My freind has a intervideo windvd4 dvd player. Won't let her take screen shots. My mission is to figure out how to enable em... So go to work you computer geeks :D

Thanks.

personman
12-31-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that you cant take screen shots of DVDs on comps, I think the reason that was told to me is because the dvd goes strait to the video card or something like that, I really dont know and I also dont think its possible.

Will Wood
12-31-2002, 06:30 PM
I'm about 99% sure you can, some way or another, capture the iamge on screen...

Restola
12-31-2002, 06:39 PM
You can. Its all in the player.

DirectDVD will let you take screenshots, along with quite a few other features. It is $39 though.

Good luck.

*edit* I just checked, there is a free download there too. Dont know if it has the screenshot feature.

www.orionstudios.net

personman
12-31-2002, 06:40 PM
Well I might have been informed that you cant do it using the prnt scr button on the keyboard.. I dunno :p

I just looked and in powerdvd XP there is a button that says capture frame.. so I guess thats it..

Will Wood
12-31-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by personman
Well I might have been informed that you cant do it using the prnt scr button on the keyboard.. I dunno :p

I just looked and in powerdvd XP there is a button that says capture frame.. so I guess thats it..

Print screen won't work. It's disabled.

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-31-2002, 07:15 PM
u pressed print screen and then ctrl-v to paste hmmmm thats weird it should work see if the software your useing has a capture button

Will Wood
12-31-2002, 07:31 PM
Hehe bob. I'm the one that told ya that :)

But it's just the dvd player software that doesn't like the print screen button. Just need a way around it..