PDA

View Full Version : RT micromag, having minor issues

twitch
01-01-2003, 01:45 AM
Hi, i have an rt micro and it doesnt seem to be running right. i dont have a lvl 10 yet (soon). ok, the rt doesnt seem to be kicking very well at all, it can be quite easy to short stroke, there is no sweetspot (not worried bout that). running it on crossfire 68 stubby. have recently had some work done on the trigger to reduce sideways play, polished the bolt/power tube. cleaned regularly. everything looks fine. anyone have any ideas how to tweak the rt and how to get the trigger feeling crisper and a tad lighter?
this isnt really a huge issue, still works and fires paint well with few to no breaks. but it could run better. Thanks

Bulldog
01-01-2003, 02:15 AM
Your probably gonna need an adjustable tank to get a better result. You said your using a crossfire stubby, I assume that's pre-set. High or low pressure? Using a benchy trigger frame too right? If so, try out an I frame for a better trigger pull.

And welcome to AO. :)

twitch
01-01-2003, 02:24 AM
yeah its a 3000psi 68cu preset, high or low? umm its green. 8) sorry cant help you there.
its got the standard 2000 rt 2 finger trigger frame.

Bulldog
01-01-2003, 02:26 AM
Does it have "AGD" stamped on the side of it, like this?

twitch
01-01-2003, 02:28 AM
no its a micromag (proteams). but as far as i know they probly work the same

Bulldog
01-01-2003, 02:34 AM
Ya that's the benchy. The I frame is better in just about every way. If your looking for a better trigger pull, I'd recomend the I frame. As far as the tank, I think those are the 800 or 850 pre-set, so you should be good there. Your problems may, and I say may, just be from the benchy. You can put an I frame on a micro no problem, just make sure it's the newer style with the hump.

twitch
01-01-2003, 02:37 AM
sweet, umm if i said i was poor and couldnt afford a new frame, is there any ways to simply play with what i got to improve it? sorry to be awkward, really appreciate your help

Bulldog
01-01-2003, 02:45 AM
I don't see why not, it works for you now right? You just think it could be a little better? Ya, a new I frame is kinda expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

For those who like to tinker, some have gotten good results with the benchy triggers. There might be some old posts on what they did if you searched, or just ask outright in the forums. It's been a long time since I even held one of those, so I'm not the guy to talk to, concerning that.

twitch
01-01-2003, 02:47 AM
thanks alot man. your the most help ive had from anywhere. 8)

Bulldog
01-01-2003, 02:52 AM
No problem, heres a link I found that may steer you in the right direction.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18008&highlight=bency+trigger+pull+short

twitch
01-01-2003, 03:07 AM
cheers again.