PDA

View Full Version : Shocktech VALVE?!?!? an on off problem!

wobbles82
01-01-2003, 05:09 AM
Hehey,
I have a Level Ten Superbolt, naturally, hehe yea well anyway I have had a valve that says "Shocktech" on my gun for quite some time now, and it doesnt work exactly like my stock valve and because i was not the one who put it on there I have no clue where it came from I have no clue what exactly it does and I have no clue who makes it, but I know it works pretty good, can some people help me out!?!?!

Next problem, if I get an X Valve (just assuming) would I have to get a new on off assembly? or nah? or what? I have no clue I think its a warped sports on off assembly on my right side of the shocktech valve.

Load SM5
01-01-2003, 02:59 PM
How long have you had the valve? It sounds like it came from an SFL E-mag (they've been out for about a year. And they did come with the original delrin superbolt. It should work like a regular retro-valve.

You should'nt need to get a new on/off. The X-valve is a whole valve replacement and drops right in.

I hope I understood you right.

wobbles82
01-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I have had the valve for about...4 or 5 months, I got the thing in early September, if ya know anything else that would be great but thanks for all the help already! :)

Load SM5
01-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Can you take a pic of the valve and post it? I'm curious who would let one go seeing as how there are only 40 in the world with Shocktech on them. Not that makes a difference performance-wise. It'll function and needs to be taken care of in exactly the same way as a retro-valve. So you'll have to run nitro/air (obviously) and use an RT repair kit.

Did you need to know anything in particular?

kosmo
01-01-2003, 09:14 PM
It may just be one of those old 8 hole mods. I havent seen one of those for quite some time now though.

Load SM5
01-01-2003, 11:50 PM
That may be, need pics to be sure.

wobbles82
01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey guys, sorry bout the wait on the pic my camera has been takign really crappy ones, the pic here is pretty bad too but it should do, check out the on off assembly, think I could use it again somehow? Well either way heres the valve, just tell me if ya know what it is. :>

pbpancho
01-05-2003, 09:24 PM
theres one of those in the shop i work at. Just the back piece is shocktech. I'll see what it is tomorrow.

minimag187
01-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Thats an 8-hole mod.

sneakyhacker420
01-05-2003, 09:54 PM
thats the shocktech's titanium 8-hole mod for the classic valve

if you get the X-Valve, it is the complete valve, new everything (including on/off)

the 8-hole mod was just an upgrade that was debated for a long time, and the therory was that it provided a better flow rate to the valve, but in fact, the stock AGD regualtor half was just as good because it provided the air flow to the valve that was required

the on/off is in the other half of the valve, which is the regular classic valve, x-valve has a new on/off along with ever other upgrade valve (retro, x-valve, emag valve, RTP valve, etc)

what exactly is the problem with your on/off valve in the first place?

the new reg. half shouldnt make a difference, but check to see if your on/off pin is upside down (the side with the groove in it should be on top)

alsom pick up a mag parts kit and replace the o-rings, reg. seat, and anything else that looks old that needs replacing

just my 0.02 for now