PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To These Proto Battery Pack?

snakestang
01-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Anyone know what ever happened to these packs? I would pay a pretty penny for one. They match the X-Mag to a T.

From the report early in 2001 they were done up for Toulouse 2001 as prototype packs to go along with the Extreme bodies.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/milleniumseries/toulouse/gallery/Emag01570.jpg

snakestang
01-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Another view.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/milleniumseries/toulouse/gallery/Emag01576.jpg

magman007
01-01-2003, 06:50 PM
eh, i never liked the style to tell you the truth, and that was a non working. i dont think they found a battery to opperate that beafy solenoid.

snakestang
01-01-2003, 06:53 PM
eerrr. I was afraid of that. OH well the hunt for the round pack continues.

Thanks

petefol
01-01-2003, 07:32 PM
i thought they had a battery for it, it just didnt last long. the design also wasnt very popular i think.

Kevmaster
01-01-2003, 08:10 PM
yeh, not many seemed to like the design and there was no suitable battery to fit...so it was abandoned

Phil
01-01-2003, 08:26 PM
I am right there with you on this one stang. It would be nice to have an ergonomic foregrip on my emag without relocating the battery.

rdb123
01-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Phil, well what about these? They use the same battery, just that it probably feels better than metal....

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=576513

The Frymarker on these forums makes them.... there's a link to her website here (http://www.frymarkdesign.com/haapages/showcase.htm)

-Ron

warpfeedmod
01-01-2003, 10:50 PM
question on the round batteries..what about those round ones used by black and decker for their power tools? they're like 9.6volt I think aren't they? Maybe someone could adapt that to an emag?

PsychoBaller
01-02-2003, 02:44 AM
With my SFL Emag... im very interested in your wrap around grips.. and future developments with the Emag Battery housing things u be working on....

keep me posted. lol...

FooTemps
01-02-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod
question on the round batteries..what about those round ones used by black and decker for their power tools? they're like 9.6volt I think aren't they? Maybe someone could adapt that to an emag?

Don't emags run on higher voltage than that to efficiently opperate the solenoid?

The Frymarker
01-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I said this in my dealer thread. I will sell this with both middle parts, made of resin and rubber so you can use what you like ....for a limited time.

I have to sell a few to break even and then maybe it will spawn into other projects. I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

If there is a differnt battery it can take let me know and I'll see if I can design something more comfy from there.

I don't have an emag so I am running on the knowledge that you give me.

Take care

rdb123
01-02-2003, 09:40 AM
What would you say feels better though? Resin or rubber? I'm thinking resin would feel more comfortable, but be less durable that rubber. As long as the resin will last maybe at least 6 months I'll be happy because I'm known to replace some gear just because it gets worn down, which translates into more money for you. ;)

Edit: by the way, the link to the dealer thread is here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61747&goto=newpost)

-Ron

The Frymarker
01-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Hi Ronn,

Well if you are thinking about ordering the pack you will have two choices anyway.

I am sending both the resin and rubber. The resin will last very, very long. It is plastic. The rubber will last a while but might have be replaced after long amounts of use, as with any rubber grip.

JeedaiKnight
01-02-2003, 09:58 AM
I would love to buy a new batt pack for my new e-mag...how much? where could I find one?

rdb123
01-02-2003, 10:03 AM
If you are talking about the round ones, they do not make them.

However, Heather can make you a rubber/resin case for the emag battery itself giving it a grip.

-Ron

JeedaiKnight
01-02-2003, 10:13 AM
hmmm.... I wonder if I could ghetto rig a set of stickies to it.... like with zipties, lol

rdb123
01-02-2003, 10:41 AM
....Or instead of paying 23.95 + shipping, you could pay Heather to make you a nice set of hers that are everything but ghetto.... for only maybe 10 dollars more. ;)

-Ron

The Frymarker
01-02-2003, 10:42 AM
haha lol Thanks Ron

BTAutoMag
01-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
Phil, well what about these? They use the same battery, just that it probably feels better than metal....

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=576513

The Frymarker on these forums makes them.... there's a link to her website here (http://www.frymarkdesign.com/haapages/showcase.htm)

-Ron

those are sexy

1stdeadeye
01-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
Hi Ronn,

Well if you are thinking about ordering the pack you will have two choices anyway.

I am sending both the resin and rubber. The resin will last very, very long. It is plastic. The rubber will last a while but might have be replaced after long amounts of use, as with any rubber grip.

How much are the packs? Do you take Paypal? I am in the office now and don't have time to jump to your page.

JeedaiKnight
01-02-2003, 01:57 PM
lol. I already have a set of stickies laying around. But it will probably not work and look ghetto and everything...so when I come into money, I will probably buy a set of heather's stickies!! I'm just poor! this game called "paintball" seems to be leaching all of my money lol.

rdb123
01-02-2003, 02:10 PM
@ 1stdeadeye, everything you see pictured for $45 in addition to a rubber center piece. Great value, you get both pieces and you can then choose whether you like the feel of resin or rubber better.

-Ron

The Frymarker
01-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi Guys,

Here's the deal it is a limited time offer.

I am sending out the packs that is the top, middle and bottom piece, minus the switches and hall covers, and additional middle piece made of rubber for $40 plus $5 shipping.

Also keep in mind with these packs they are interchangeable with your regular packs, meaning you can switch what ever parts top, middles bottoms, with the ones that I have made.

Thanks again for your help Ronn and BTAutomag thanks for the complement.:)

Phil
01-02-2003, 03:56 PM
I like Frymarkers stuff. I am about to buy some grips from her for my emag. Unfortunately the battery pack wont work for me. The problem lies in the way I grip the battery. She has the finger grooves in the front where the palm of my hand normally is. The battery is difficult to grip as you would normally grip a foregrip because the trigger guard is connected to the battery. If you were gripping it in the traditional way you have to grab the bottom of the battery which to me is akward. I dont know if I communicated that well but I am sure other emag owners know what I am talking about. A battery pack shaped more like the center mounted shifter in my automatic transmission car would be better in my opinion.

Phil