PDA

View Full Version : AUTOMAG newb - just got it 10 mins ago- help with trigger valve system

corcoran_chris
01-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Hello, i just got this gun, its my frist paintball gun so i know very little. i took it apart to paint something on it and of course, the trigger system that contolls the airflow shoots out. i have all the washers, the on off bottom and top parts, im not missing a thing. i put it back to gether using the exploded view from the automag official site. ( http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf)

this gun worked before, now that i put it together no co2 is going through the trigger, i cant hear anything to show that there is gas going through. please help me out.

does the o ring teflon go in the o ring power tube then go in the valve assembly?

msg here or please talk to me on msn @ sk8ter_2000@hotmail.com

aol- corcchris

Tunaman
01-01-2003, 07:14 PM
The Teflon oring(one of them) goes on the on/off pin, holding the on/off top on. The whole assy then goes in the hole with the large oring inserted in the hole first.

yeahthatsme
01-01-2003, 07:19 PM
first, welcome to ao and to magdom!!!

second, this would be better anzwered in the tech forum, if you go back to the main forums page( URL=http://www.automags.org/forums]here[/URL] ) and look right under the link to this forum you'll see it, you will get lots more help there

thirdly, we need some more specifics, namely what kind of valve(classic, minimag, retro ect ect) any upgrades or anything else like that.

corcoran_chris
01-01-2003, 07:25 PM
thanks allot for your help guys, this is my frist ever paintball gun that i got on a whim....i never even shot it :S. its an automag classic and im sorta confused how to do the whole set up before inserting it in the valve cmaber....if its not too much to ask can someone make a really rough driogram or talk to me on msn or aol?

thanks allot guys

Army
01-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Moving this to Tech, it will be better answered there.

rikkter
01-01-2003, 07:42 PM
1st picture - parts you should have. notice the small white teflon oring in the fitting with the pin
2nd picture - how it should go together. put the valve on. if you have a x through it then put the x on the bottom like you see. if it just has holes through it doens't matter.
3rd picture - what it should look like

insert that oring you see, the big one, in the hole the valve assy goes in, then just push the valve assy in

4th picture - when its in
after t hat put it in your gun, hold the trigger down, gas it up, and test it.

and of course add couple drops of oil to it

corcoran_chris
01-01-2003, 07:49 PM
omg, thank you SOO Much that was ausome. im going to try that tehn let you know how it went. but before i do, i notice the stainless steel pin that goes in the mniddle has a little shaving on one end,its thinner like a ring goes around it. which way does it go?

rikkter
01-01-2003, 08:05 PM
ack i knew i forgot something, where the notch on the pin.. eh ok
the way i had it standing in the picture
the notch on the pin is at the bottom

does that help?

Xzion
01-01-2003, 08:07 PM
the on/off pin should be situated with the milled end pointing down (down being when the valve is right side up with the hole for the On/Off on the under side) its there to show you which way the valve goes in, and perhaps to give you something to grip when pulling it out. you should have a diagram on the bottom of your valve showing how all the on/off parts assemble back into the valve.

Hope this helps :)

corcoran_chris
01-01-2003, 08:07 PM
of course :D !!! thanks soo much man, i REALLY apreciate it, ill reply with how it works- lol this is funny. ive never shot a paintball gun in my life and i just baught it on a whim...i always wanted to start tho so its all good. how is this gun? and how much would a warp feed like you have cost me ?

rikkter
01-01-2003, 08:17 PM
look around on the forums here, where i got mine, for like 80 dollars so. pretty good deal. i'd suggest you try it before you buy it. i neglected that and bought it, but luckily enough i loved it, adds some weight tho, but once its shouldered and shooting, you can't notice.
mags sometimes chop paint due to the force the bolt is smacking the ball. but normally they dont. 9v or a 12v is HIGHLY recommended for mags. plus you could always intellifeed it and voila.

they're good guns. very easy to maintain and will last a lifetime if taken care of properly. before each game. try to put couple drops of oil in the connection that goes into the back of the valve, then shoot it for like 20-40 times with the barrel OFF( so oil doesn't accumulate in the barrel). this will get all the orings and such oiled.
do you have a video that came with your mag? if not you could get one from AGD for free, only thing you gottta pay is the S+H. it has a LOT of helpful things in it, how to troubleshoot it, find out whats the problem when its leaking, etc.

anywyas.

welcome to the boards!

corcoran_chris
01-01-2003, 08:21 PM
:(:(:(:( bad news :*(, i hear the gas going in the gun and i see the drigger extend like the valve is filling with Co2. but when i fire NOTHIGN. the trigger can be fully pulled, but nothing happenes. any ideas?

rikkter
01-01-2003, 08:28 PM
measure the length of your trigger rod. it should be uhmm 1.98" i believe.
and when your trigger is in its forward most poisition,there should be 1/16th of a inch gap (size of a credit card) between the trigger and rod.

also
make sure no liquid c02 gets in your gun. get a expansion chamber or a anti-siphon tank, or jsut go compressed

Brendan
01-02-2003, 03:11 PM
before you even do the above hint, try turning up the pressure on your gun. This involves turning the nut at the back of the gun clockwise a little bit.

rikkter
01-02-2003, 03:43 PM
already tried that