PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 really needed with a warp?

vortechcoupe
01-01-2003, 07:15 PM
I got my lvl 10 when i didn't have a warp and it was awsome, never chop. I now have a warp and was thinking maybe I don't need the lvl 10 because the warp keeps a good amount of pressure on the ball stack. I do like the insurance that it won't chop but would like the better efficency with the lvl 7 bolt. I wouldn't sell my lvl 10. What do you think? Oh yeah I run a single 9v in the warp but was thinking about doing the 12v upgrade. This is on a retromag.

Justin C

Havoc_online
01-01-2003, 07:47 PM
lvl 10 isnt just an anti-chop device, it's also a bolt that gives you less recoil(tighter patterns in high ROF. I'd keep it on if I were you, that and if the warp goes down, the level 10 is a nice back-up.

Kevmaster
01-01-2003, 08:20 PM
yeh. id keep the LX in there. under the chance that the warp cant quite keep up or if it dies

rikkter
01-01-2003, 08:54 PM
so if i got ahold of a level 10 bolt. just the bolt, threw it in, i'd have less recoil due to its lightness and would it still be venting air in its small hole?

IcantBelieveit
01-01-2003, 10:54 PM
umm i don't think just the level ten bolt itself will function properly without all the shims and carriers. I would keep the level 10. I have a warp feed, and when i was on the field the batteries started to die, and i had a few round get stuck in the breech, but my trusy level ten did not break a one.
man i love AGD

rikkter
01-01-2003, 11:44 PM
i've heard it actually lightens your trigger pull. and the same if you put a rt valve onoff assy in a classic valve it does the same thing

AlabamaMan
01-02-2003, 12:35 AM
The beauty of the LX bolt is that not only does it make chopping nearly impossiable, it greatly reduces the amount of barrel breaks due to the radius on the tip of the bolt. I would keep you LX installed it's worth it.

Dayspring
01-02-2003, 01:09 AM
It's all or nothing. The entire Level 10 kit or none at all.

Originally posted by rikkter
so if i got ahold of a level 10 bolt. just the bolt, threw it in, i'd have less recoil due to its lightness and would it still be venting air in its small hole?

rikkter
01-02-2003, 01:10 AM
i dont want the whole thing. period

BlackVCG
01-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Use the shortest spring with your Level 10, the change in efficiency is negligable. Or find a delrin Superbolt that somebody doesn't use anymore to reduce the recoil. Level 10 bolt must be used as the kit. Sticking it on a gun setup for Level 7 results in the rapid drain of your tank in the form of a giant leak down the barrel.

vortechcoupe
01-02-2003, 12:43 PM
yeah i also thought about using the shortest (stock) spring to help efficiency or use a delrin bolt. I have the stock RT bolt that came with the retro. i will probly keep it in there. Thanks for the replys!

Justin C