PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you use a remote?

ß.C.
01-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Why don't you use a remote? I use a remote, and I LIKE IT. Some people think they get tangled and they DO but that's why you invest alittle more into a stainless one. I use a 88cu/3000psi and plan to get a bigger tank because I gotta remote, and remotes are also cheaper than nice drop forwards. The only problem is sliding, so I wear my harness on my front, some people laugh but it protects my jewels and makes pods easier to get at(we've all been in the situation that we couldn't find one back there right?

Jonesie
01-01-2003, 10:07 PM
I used to run a remote, one of those thick, spiraled ACI remotes. I liked it a lot. Then I got HPA and fitted everyhting to my mag. Now it's nice and tight, besied, I couldn't get satified with the Flatline on a remote...

Later ~ Jonesie

Collegeboy
01-01-2003, 10:24 PM
Well to put it bluntly, I have trouble enough keeping my pack with pods up and not slidding down while playing. I can't even think about having a tank on there too.

Also I think it is too combersome. I rather have my system all in one then too have a wire running to my gun.

digitard
01-01-2003, 10:25 PM
When I used Co2 back years ago I used a remote ... cause the tank was very small, and my mag was more "compact" ...

Now with the larger HPA tank its VERY uncomfortable to me to have it on a pack ... I just dont like the feel of it w/ my current setup so I put my tank back ongun.

Sincerely,
Dave K

logamus
01-01-2003, 10:26 PM
i had a remote for my old tippman but i havent bothered with one on my mag. i might go to one but right now it feels ok without a remote.

Bulldog
01-01-2003, 10:27 PM
The weight of the tank doesn't make my lower back feel good, and the line got tangled up a lot. Mainly the lower back pain tho.

Stupi
01-01-2003, 10:27 PM
I ran remote until it broke, part of it got kinked in my gear bag, and it developed a leak. It allowed me to get nice and tight. Alot of people always say stuff about how much they don't like them, without using them, it's all personal preference. I've got the tank mounted on my E-Mag now though, I've got a Dead-On Blade Drop Forward (highly recommend it) that balances oh so nicely with the Warp, and now I can put my marker down without worrying that it's connected to me.

alf
01-01-2003, 10:35 PM
i used a remote with a gas-thru stock for a while...i found its a lot harder to shoot out the other side of the bunker...its also a pain to keep the remote hose out of the dirt when its not attached to your gun, but still on your tank.

-alf

lopxtc
01-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Back when I used a remote while playing in the early 90s (92-93) I would run the hose up my sleeve and down the shoulder. This worked great for keeping the hose from getting caught in anything. lol

Aaron

Originally posted by Bulldog
and the line got tangled up a lot.

Spray Painter
01-01-2003, 10:59 PM
i used a remote once with my tippmann and haven't used one since. it was a steel one but when i ran past one guy i snagged his marker and he was just barely able to catch it before it fell in some mud. it also got snaged on low branches. it made my tippy less balanced and was an all around pain the butt and it got a leak in it.

pbguy888
01-01-2003, 11:28 PM
1) cant sholder...
2) cant watch the quages on my tank...
3) I have no harness to put one in :p

halB
01-01-2003, 11:47 PM
said to hell with it and got a drop forward. i didnt feel like buying a t stock, and i didnt like my gun being connected to my body.

billmi
01-01-2003, 11:56 PM
'cause if you use a remote people will call you a newbie.

Remotes aren't "hip" anymore.

Army
01-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Well, Bill, I think I am fairly hip (just, don't ask Sarah about that):D I use an ACI remote on the Minimag whenever I use it with Co2, which is most of the time.

I'm not much for fad, I like what works, and Big Red on his remote....works:)

Carpecerevisi
01-02-2003, 12:33 AM
I use a remote on my pump at all a times and on my cocker while playing back position in speedball. Mines one of those little coiled microline CMI ones that you get off ebay from paintball-international for like 15 bucks, and it helps immensly in weight reduction and flickablity on both guns.

* $0.02 deposited *

Nobody077
01-02-2003, 12:49 AM
I use to run remote untill I watched a friend get snaged on a tree , we were both makeing a run for the flag when I heard "THUD", I then turned around to see him laying on the ground out cold and his gun hanging from a low branch by the SS remote line. The same day I had a antisiphon put im my Co2 so I could run it off the back of my gun.

Crazy
01-02-2003, 02:05 AM
you can't throw a gun which is on a remote...

PsychoBaller
01-02-2003, 02:41 AM
1) Cord gets tangled, or caught, or just annoying...
2) its annoying... lol
3) Tank bounces around in pack....
4) u cant manuver as nicely...

5) u cant do Matrix style dodging... or back flips or tumble roles as easily....

yay... my 100th post

hostage
01-02-2003, 04:08 AM
i think it has its perks, but i actually liked a drop w/ the tank on there it suprised me. A friend put a drop and cradle on my gun with out my knowning and i he handed it to me and i liked it. it makes it easy to shoot since i can have the tank in my sholder. I had a remote with my old school mag.
-Doron

TheJester
01-02-2003, 08:36 AM
balance my good freinds, balance, i need something to act as a counter weight against a fully loaded hopper, and what do ya know, my tank does it perfectly, i would prefer a heavier balanced gun then run a remote and have a lighter unbalanced 1

The Frymarker
01-02-2003, 08:49 AM
I use a remote mainly because with having the paint and everthing else attached to the marker it get's way too heavy for me. Also I feel the tank get's in my way when I am trying to aim.

So I like it in the back, it feels better for me. Plus I can get a large tank and not have to worry about it being in the way

Thordic
01-02-2003, 09:10 AM
I liked the idea until I actually used one.

The hose restricts the motion of the gun, I never really had a problem with it getting tangled but I didn't like how the gun movement was somewhat hampered.

Also, without getting a t-stock in addition to a remote I wouldn't be able to shoulder the gun. I don't know about you guys, but trying to shoot a warp fed minimag like a pistol just doesn't seem like a recipe for accuracy to me.

painball
01-02-2003, 09:43 AM
remotes are only good for stopping liquid CO2

mykroft
01-02-2003, 10:02 AM
I used to use one, but it turned out to have so many disadvantages that I gave it up.

Among those are:

Can't shoulder your marker and ruins the markers balance
Hard to shoot out of both sides of a bunker
Big tank on your back makes sprinting hard and makes your harness want to fall off (I have 7 pods in my harness, last thing I need is another 5 pounds of crap in it)
Can't use 4500psi air systems (Well, you could use a preset)

Jonno06
01-02-2003, 10:05 AM
no,it seems to get in the way too much..

datapimp69
01-02-2003, 10:08 AM
*EDIT* Innappropriate. Bad form. Army

wyn1370
01-02-2003, 10:14 AM
best be carefull there data. mods probably aren't going to be in a good mood today.

datapimp69
01-02-2003, 10:22 AM
i couldnt help myself, it was like a slow pitch softball just waiting to be hit over the fence.

BobTheCow
01-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
mods probably aren't going to be in a good mood today.

why's that?

mykroft
01-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Newbie posting very sick pr0n in a thread.

BobTheCow
01-02-2003, 10:59 AM
oh, that tubgirl crap...yeah, i was about ready to kill my friend when he first showed me that. *shivers*

xadamx
01-02-2003, 11:17 AM
i had one explode on me and drive a metal shard into my hand, never liked them sence

mrbrutal
01-02-2003, 11:58 AM
I ran remote when I was using co2 for the extra expansion chamber that the remote affords. Plus there was less chance of liquid going into my mag. I did find it somewhat cumbersome on and off the field even though I had a slide check on it. When I went to HPA, 68 ci, I thought about how much more heavy the gun would be and tried remote for a while. Got a DF and tried it on and have not gone back to remote since. If I had gotten a bigger tank, I may still be using a remote, but I like the tighter feel of my setup now.

luke
01-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Two reasons:
You can’t shoot when lying on your back.
& an unbalanced gun is difficult to aim.

Vendetta
01-02-2003, 09:35 PM
I've been running remote for many years. I've never snagged on anything.

ß.C.
01-02-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm not understanding any of this "unbalanced" stuff, what do you guys shoot? If it's a vert mag it's pretty even without the tank, if it's hl or hr the tank doesn't really help when the gun is tilting left or right . . .:confused:

Cryer
01-03-2003, 02:30 AM
I like the feel of the tank against my shoulder. It seems more balanced with the tank on a nice drop forward. When i hold my gun without the tank it just doesnt feel right. Also, I feel like i'd get tangled up in the remote line.
*edit-By balanced, we don't mean side to side, we mean front to back. For an example I also have a Tippman 98 Custom with a flatline barrel. This gun is so long and front-heavy, it takes effort (espescially compared to a mag) to keep level without a tank. The tank just adds a little weight behind the grip (acting as a fulcrum) and evening out the gun's overall weight. I guess it doesn't bother some people, but it's just uncomfortable to me...

dre1919
01-03-2003, 10:46 AM
I used to use a remote back in the day, but I got rid of it. My reason for losing it was I didn't like having a tank on my back. At the time I was running remote, I had a 12oz. Co2 tank for my classic mag. Now that I have my Hyperframed RT, I use a 47ci 3000psi Compressed, and that would really suck having back there. It wasn't the wieght issue, it was the inevitable bouncing around the tank does when I ran...I just feel much more free moving and faster when I carry my whole setup. However, this is just my personal preference...I think remotes are just fine.

battlegroup
01-03-2003, 10:56 AM
I used to use a remote on my mag when I played front on a team. I attached a set of padded suspenders (military style) to my pack and it was comfortable. Right up until my coiled remote caught on a bunker as I was trying to make a move and it stopped me dead in my tracks making me a paint magnet(ouch), stretched my remote so bad it wouldn't regain it original shape, and yanked my gun out of my hand, bounced off the bunker and smacked the ground hard(double ouch). After that I got a drop and haven't wanted to use a remote since.

Paintcheck200
01-03-2003, 11:34 AM
LOL, I use to use remote(coil), but one day (back in the day) it got snagged and stretched big time, lol, it was so funny :D

Crazy
01-03-2003, 02:12 PM
in my opinion, my tank acts as a sort of "keel" on my gun like it would do on a sailboat.

digitard
01-03-2003, 02:26 PM
That was another point I forgot ...

I like to use the tank for an armrest when I'm sitting still for a second ..lol.. sorta let the body drop forward a bit and let the tank rest against my arm like a lever on the gun ... plus I do like it against my shoulder when needed.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Doobie
01-03-2003, 05:58 PM
For a normal Rec day or tournament I will run HPA on gun. For Scenario/Big Games, where you spend a lot of time in the woods carrying your marker, I will run remote. I used to run remote all the time until I started playing more speeedball type games. I used the on gun set up at D-Day (OK) last year and regreted it. I have a large air system to begin with so that didn't help.:rolleyes: