PDA

View Full Version : Can I JB Weld this...

warpfeedmod
01-01-2003, 10:19 PM
barrel back together?

http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/paintball/barrel/barrel001.jpg

http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/paintball/barrel/barrel002.jpg

magman007
01-01-2003, 10:25 PM
yes, yes you can

warpfeedmod
01-01-2003, 10:30 PM
hehe okay now the big question..what if I, uhm, mess up and get some JB weld in the barrel? i.e. it squishes out when i put the two halves together?

Also is there a way to remove it should I mess it up?

Tunaman
01-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Dont use JB weld...just scuff the end with some sandpaper, clean it with acetone, and use some 24hr epoxy(thin film).:D

warpfeedmod
01-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Dont use JB weld...just scuff the end with some sandpaper, clean it with acetone, and use some 24hr epoxy(thin film).:D

how about something like blue loc-tite?

cris8762
01-01-2003, 10:55 PM
ARGHH!!!!! JB WELD = THE DEVIL! :eek: :eek:

Jonno06
01-01-2003, 11:35 PM
i love JB Weld...it works many wonders...

magman007
01-01-2003, 11:58 PM
jb weld= duct tape in liquid form

AlabamaMan
01-02-2003, 12:21 AM
JB Weld is an engineer's second best friend, duct tape is the first.

I'd listen to tuna, his idea is the way to go.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-02-2003, 02:12 AM
ducttape and jb weld are VERY nice, i turned my spyder into a zgriped spyder and that jbweld holds very well... even with a tank and dropforward during normal play. ok im done :)

Dern
01-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Wait a minute... you put a Z-grip on your Spyder!?! PICS PLEASE!

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-02-2003, 03:33 AM
well i modified the spyder frame to a sort of "z" grip not as steep of an angle as the z-grip but it feels nice

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-02-2003, 03:35 AM
accually thats a old pic, when my batteries finish charging ill give u a updated project alienspyder update :)

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-02-2003, 03:49 AM
update

personman
01-02-2003, 09:55 AM
YAAYYYYY
JB weld rulez..
Except I made a cradle for my tank using it and at SCAO it snapped.. but thats O.K. :D
If you get JB weld in your barrel, your screwed. That stuff is so sticky its not funny.

warpfeedmod
01-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by personman
YAAYYYYY
JB weld rulez..
Except I made a cradle for my tank using it and at SCAO it snapped.. but thats O.K. :D
If you get JB weld in your barrel, your screwed. That stuff is so sticky its not funny.

well the barrel is useless to me now :p

SO i guess I wouldn't be losing anything right?

Thordic
01-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Don't use loctite as it doesn't seem that its threaded. Loctite won't do much unless you have threads to work with.

I'd say go with Epoxy or JB weld, but only use a VERY small amount. Put the epoxy/JB weld on the front, not the back. That way the excess gets pushed towards the outside of the barrel, not the inside. Also, don't put whatever you use all the way down, leave about a 1/4 inch of the tip clean (It looks like about .5" or more goes into the back, 1/4 of solidly glued tip should be plenty to keep it in there assuming the glue is strong.)

personman
01-02-2003, 12:29 PM
If its loose, why not tip the AA front up as u glue it in so it creates a flatline effect :p :D ;) :rolleyes:

Kevmaster
01-02-2003, 12:36 PM
1)
JB Weld would work fine there. two-three small dabs on the BACK of whats going to get stuck in would hold it fine and you wouldnt have problems.

2)
LocTite MIGHT actually work. it needs metal oxides and a lack of oxygen to cure. you might be able to get it to do that, however, chances are too much oxygen would still be present

warpfeedmod
01-05-2003, 08:17 PM
http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/paintball/barrel/barrel003.jpg

heheh it worked :p

Thanks to all the input :p

Nothing on the inside of the barrel either and quite clean on the outside (you can see a bit of the grey that squeezed out, but nothing major). Shoots like a dream :p

Hunter
01-05-2003, 08:29 PM
How exactly did the barrell break anyways?

Also Aliens-8-MyDad what did your father say when you showed him what you did to that spyder? I would think he would be a little bit embarssed to play with that thing, i mean what is that a rubber band holding it togeather, ahh man to bad you cant change it back. Just rember this is my opinion.

warpfeedmod
01-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Hunter
How exactly did the barrell break anyways?

Also Aliens-8-MyDad what did your father say when you showed him what you did to that spyder? I would think he would be a little bit embarssed to play with that thing, i mean what is that a rubber band holding it togeather, ahh man to bad you cant change it back. Just rember this is my opinion.

ya know im not sure how it "broke" It's a 2-piece barrel, wasn't threaded or anything, I think it was just old and the weld/epoxy they had in there dried and it just came apart one day when i was cleaning it. I was drying it off, twisted it in my hands and *plunk* it came apart.

Hunter
01-05-2003, 08:37 PM
at least you got it fixed, that's the good thing, hows it working for you now? as good as before better, worse?

warpfeedmod
01-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hunter
at least you got it fixed, that's the good thing, hows it working for you now? as good as before better, worse?

works great. I got it in a trade and becore i even used it i was cleaning it and it came apart. But I can look down the barrel and theres nothing inside, looks like it's brand new. I tried to take a pic of the inside but they didn't come out that good at all. I used very little JB weld, i mean VERY VERY little.

a few dots around the front piece (slid into the back part) and let it sit overnight.

Evil Bob
01-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Is that string holding your frame onto the body of the marker??

-Evil Bob