PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble With my Flatline and Bleeding the Line

dio91
01-02-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm running my 68/4.5 Flatline on my RT Pro. I have about 1K psi left in the tank, and I have the on/off turned to off. After that I bled out the line until the gun wouldnt shoot any longer. Once the safety was set and I put the gun down for a while, I would come back to see the sear (right?) pushed forward into the trigger as it would be when the air is running. I turned off the safety to find that I could shoot out more air, sometimes a few shots, others just pfft. What is going on here? Any help welcomed.

dio

virus
01-02-2003, 07:44 PM
if the tank was turned off then what you are experencing is normal.... there is now bleed between the tank and the marker... the only way to do that would be to disconnect the line from the tank and or valve.... either throuhg the use of a quick dissconnect or a proconnect.... to do it with out removing the like would be throught the use of a slide check....

dio91
01-02-2003, 08:22 PM
You woulndt mind showing me some threads explaing would you? lol I'll go search anyways, thanks...keep it coming

[EDIT]
What about that air in the hose now, if I disconnect the hose, will it just bleed out the hose??

BlackVCG
01-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Okay, gas up the gun, fire a a few shots and then turn it off and then fire it until it won't shoot anymore. Look at the output pressure on your Flatline. It should be down around 300-400psi. Now, let it sit for awhile and then look at the gauge a few hours later and see if it's gone up. If it is going up, then your on/off o-ring is leaking and needs replaced.

Derman2k
01-02-2003, 09:13 PM
To get rid of the gas in the hose just pop the quick disconnect if you've got one...if not unscrew the elbow carefully

dio91
01-02-2003, 09:14 PM
I have homework to do then I gotta catch up on z's so I'll do it after school tomorrow, but if it does come to replacing the oring Black, can your explain to me how?

muchos gracias

Derman2k
01-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Theres a thread called Flatline Reg maintinence in the tech forum...read that and youll be set

dio91
01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Wow Black, you were right. I did what you sed and minuted later it was up at 6-800. Guess I do need that new O-ring...now is it the one for the tank or the gun???

Load SM5
01-03-2003, 12:11 PM
For the tank.

BlackVCG
01-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Drain the tank and then remove the on/off knob and then push out the on/off shaft. It needs to be in the on position to push out the shaft. Now, shake it so the little brass piece falls out. Now, look through the on/off hole and look at the hole that faces back towards the tank. You should see a little brass stem sticking up. Down in that hole is the on/off o-ring. What you can do is take a dental pick and VERY carefully hook it and pull it out, or you can take another tank, connect it to the fill port of your Flatline, put a rag over the on/off hole turn it on and off really quick. This gives a quick burst of pressure to dislodge the on/off o-ring. Remove your rag and look to see if the o-ring is caught in your rag and if not, look in the hole to see if it's halfway out. Replace it with the RT on/off top urethane o-ring.

dio91
01-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Ok, thanks a lot guys...guessin i have to buy that piece huh? :rolleyes:

BlackVCG
01-03-2003, 07:15 PM
It might just have dirt on it and need to be cleaned. Typically AGD o-rings don't break and the number one reason for seal failure is dirt.

dio91
01-03-2003, 07:16 PM
That's probably it, still have yet ot purchase a nipple cover...if its just dirt, then clean/oil?

BlackVCG
01-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Yep.