PDA

View Full Version : My Freakin' Micro X

Bulldog
01-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Well the valve just got here at about 6:30 pm, darn UPS. At least it's here. I haven't got the valve working yet, but here's a few pics of what it looks like.

The side shot:

Bulldog
01-02-2003, 11:27 PM
The valve:

Bulldog
01-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Head on:

Bulldog
01-02-2003, 11:28 PM
And the cliffio sink shot:

personman
01-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Wow.. thats.. *sniff* beautiful.. *wipes a tear from eye*

Spray Painter
01-02-2003, 11:32 PM
very nice looking marker. nice and shiny:)

darklord
01-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Very nice...kind of almost makes me want to not buy an emag :rolleyes: ;) :D

pito189
01-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Very nice. Looks good with the X-Valve and the AA tip. I like it.....A LOT.:D

Bulldog
01-02-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanx, once I get the valve to actually shoot, I'm gonna convert it to a emag. If I can find a ULE trigger frame. IF.

Smegma
01-03-2003, 12:07 AM
If you could, would you please tell me what kind of drop, bottom line, and tank that you have on that beautiful marker. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me the dimensions of the drop as well. I was looking around for a drop and tank combo like that for my new marker.
Thanks,
Matt

dcmander
01-03-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm not BullDog, but its a CP Micro drop and a CP Asa and a Crossfire 68 tank. :)

That right, Bulldog? :) :D

Extremely nice setup, man. I remember talking to you about my micro and my plans with it. I wanted to do all black with the black xvalve just like you, but it looks like its been :) I'm thinking about getting it annodized pewter, but I dunno if I'm going to go xvalve. I dunno how the black would look with the pewter gun and can you annodized xvalves without the "xvalve" logo dissapearing?

I dunno how the pewter/black setup would look..I need to install photoshop.

Looks good.

PsychoBaller
01-03-2003, 03:31 AM
that almost makes me jealous..... hint on the ALMOST....
I may have an SFL... but i dont have an Xvalve yet....

01-03-2003, 10:49 AM
I am getting one for my micro too. It is going to look so cool with the nickel. Nice gun.

Jack & Coke
01-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Sweet setup!

pbguy888
01-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Gosh my x valve isnt supposted to be here till tuesday. How did yall get your so fast? I hope mine looks nice on my micro:D

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 11:41 AM
dcmander, Thanks and yes your right about the drop and tank. Ya I think if you tried to ano it pewter you might lose the writing, but I don't know for sure.

pbguy, I ordered it the day after Christmas, no valve swap. I also called AGD and asked Marcia if they could ship before they did inventory. asked/begged, same thing right?:)

cphilip
01-03-2003, 11:52 AM
If your having trouble getting this to shoot it has to do with the differences in the Micromags On Off pin lengths. That valve came with a regular mag on off and micro's are different. Try swaping out the on off from your old valve...

And conversion to a Emag is gonna take a lot of work...in fact its almost a whole new marker. You would have to have a new body (cause thats how the battery routes and hangs on it), Emag type Grip frame, Board, Selenoid, Battery, Sear with plunger, Hall Effects Sensor, Battery case, Magnets. See? its a whole new marker.

pbguy888
01-03-2003, 12:04 PM
So cphillip do you think us micro guys shouls just keep our old one in and try it first?

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Of course! The on/off pin. Thanks, I can't believe I missed that. How sure are you about the body? This body is the same one PTP uses on the micro e's.

Aside form the battery/pack, most of the stuff I'd need would be in the grip. Yes it would be a lot of work, and seeing as how I really have no way of getting a hold of a ULE grip frame (AGD seems not to sell them), it's probably not going to happen anyway.

cphilip
01-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Ok I am fairly certain the body is not milled in the front for the battery but I could be wrong. And I am not certain the sear pin size is the same at all. Would need to measure one. And there is a track in the bottom of the body for the wires to pass through to the battery and the posts are mounted in the body too. So I do not think all those things are done to the Micro body that you have. We could explore that though. If you can take me pictures of the bottom of the body and measure the hole I can tell. Just do not have a micro body here to see. I do have a micro e body though. So we can sure check it out. I fear not though. But be glad to look. Maybe someone here will know for certain...

Yes use the on off from the Micro. tell me if that is the secret. I bet it is.

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Will do, I won't be able to crack it open right now tho. I'll swap it out and take a few pics of the frame and post 'em tonight.

cphilip
01-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Ok cool I will look back later...

athomas
01-03-2003, 01:27 PM
I have an older micromag and I also have an emag. I was thinking about converting my micro over to an e-micro. The problem was that the sear pin assembly was different on the micro. The regular micromag uses a sear from a standard mag and the slot in the body is cut to that size. The emag uses a sear that has a bushing integrated with it so it doesn't wear at the point of contact with the sear pin. The bushing sticks out on each side of the sear so it won't work in a regular mag or older micromag.

How big is the sear slot on the micro 2000 body? Does it have a wider section milled out where the sear pin fits in the body? If it does, then you should be able to convert it to an emag fairly easily. If it doesn't, you will have to either mill out the body to accept the emag sear or file the side of the emag sear down to fit the micro2000 body.

Once the body will accept an emag sear, fitting an emag grip frame should be a piece of cake, as it will bolt onto the body like a standard grip frame. All the electronics are contained in the frame so no modifications should be needed other than some tweeking of on/off pin lengths to get the best performance.

Let us know about the sear slot in the micro 2000 body. I am curios about that one. Post a pic if you can. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nicad
01-03-2003, 01:33 PM
if your wanting to go electro.. might wanna look into centerflags hyperframe.. new boards go up to 20bps, and they will work on the micro body with some modification. no need for big stinkin battery up front either.. :)

and about 1/3 price..

out!

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 09:16 PM
nicad, I've thought about the hyperframe, and may take that route, but how extensive are the modifications? On centerflags site it looks like you have to send in your body to milled by them.

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Ok, here's some pics of the bottom of the frame as promised. lmk if these are adequate. I've reduced them some, so if you need them larger lmk. Also, what parts do you need measured?

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Another:

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 09:20 PM
A side shot: the hole for the sear is 3/16's of an inch wide.

EsPo
01-03-2003, 09:25 PM
is the sear in backwards? or is the arm just backwards..?

also, what happened to the back of you intelli where the field strip scew goes in?

Bulldog
01-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Arm's just backwards.
what happened to the back of you intelli where the field strip scew goes in? Huh? Where?

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-03-2003, 09:28 PM
mmmmm its pretty gotta love the x valve

Bulldog
01-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks,

cphillip, well I finally got hold of a PTP on/off pin, but the valve still isn't working. I depress the trigger and get a little resistance, but no shot. I crank up the the velocity and no dice either.

EDIT - Nevermind! I cranked the velocity all the way till it stopped. It fired, loud, damn loud, then I back it way out and it seems to be working. The valve kind of creaks tho, and I get some oil dribling out of the hole on the side of the valve. Anyone else experience this? I assume it's just packed with lots of oil and grease at the factory and will go away with use.

athomas
01-10-2003, 02:48 PM
It looks like the same sear slot as the older micromags. In order to retrofit an emag frame you would definately have to grind the side of the emag sear, or cut a notch out of the micromag body to accept the emag sear.

See emag sear assembly. Note the bushing width.

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/searassmbly_xlg_med.jpg

See regular mag sear assembly. its just flat.

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/aasearassem_med.jpg

Jonno06
01-10-2003, 03:08 PM
oooh..i want an XValve.....and a mag to put it in!:(

Bulldog
01-10-2003, 05:13 PM
athomas: This is just a guess, but I have a feeling PTP might modify those emag sears themselves. There are a few parts that they "tweak" just a little to get them to work propery in the micro setup. Like the on/off pin for example. I'd be willing to bet, I could buy a sear that would work from them. This is just a guess tho. I'll have to call 'em up and make sure. I'll post it up here when I find out either way.

kutter
01-10-2003, 05:18 PM
PTP will do the conversion for you. I asked them about it and was told that they could do it in my '99 Micro. I decided not to since I found an SFL to buy so I left it alone but they do convert them.

athomas
01-12-2003, 12:11 PM
I was talking to Proteam about the same conversion.

If the sear is modified instead of the body, then any sear replacements would have to be purchased from Proteam and not AGD. I'm thinking that they may actually modify the body for use as an emag.

Bulldog, do let us know what you find. I'm interested in this kind of info and I know others are as well.

wimag
01-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
The valve kind of creaks tho, and I get some oil dribling out of the hole on the side of the valve. Anyone else experience this? I assume it's just packed with lots of oil and grease at the factory and will go away with use.

I had major venting from my x-valve out the side hole when i received it. Sent it back in and the valve was returned 2 days later good to go. Bad valve pin assembly was the culprit. Keep and eye on it. I had mine tore apart before i sent it in and it is oiled and greased to a minimum.
Couldnt get the medium spring to work with the LX, gonna have to trim a bit and it should be set. Right now it is perfectly set up for indoor play at reduced FPS.