PDA

View Full Version : Another line of thinking - hopper shots not

halB
01-03-2003, 02:13 AM
well i was at the field a few days ago when i saw a kid with shorts. his mentor told him to wear pants, my twisted brain remembered why your required to wear long sleeve shirts - a team froma long time ago rubbed vaseline all over their arms and paint just slid off or didnt break.

my thinking goes like this. hopper shots suck. what would happen if you rub vaseline all over a hopper. would that be illegal? would that work?

Dern
01-03-2003, 03:03 AM
ASk yourself this first: Do you really want to smear a half inch thick coating of vaseline around your hopper! think of all the crap that will be stuck in it later, and it will be greasy forever! ALthough it might work, if you want less hopper shots, get a richochet!

Marek
01-03-2003, 03:12 AM
Well, Im not sure if that is illegal or not, but why even bother with that. Rather than finding ways to bend the rules, just learn them and go out and play for fun.

PsychoBaller
01-03-2003, 04:02 AM
a hopper covered in Vasoline kinda gets me all warm n fuzzy inside..... errr.... nevermind....

~da "confused" baller

Gitaroo Man
01-03-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
a hopper covered in Vasoline kinda gets me all warm n fuzzy inside..... errr.... nevermind....

~da "confused" baller

ewwwwww a hopper?! lol

TheJester
01-03-2003, 09:37 AM
don't you have something better to do w/ vasoline? now you guys can take that which ever way you want, but it's not ment to be takin grossly. but get a warp if you don't want hopper hits, or if you want less, get a rico, they acutally do work to some degree. but while you're at it, why not coat your entire gun in it? you're mask too.

...would prolly work, but don't think it's worth it

01-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Saved it for an NPPL tournament. You dont want them getting wind of it and making rules against it before you put it into action.

billmi
01-03-2003, 10:45 AM
The real purpose of the longsleeves is that they have tight cuffs, instead of loose cuffs where a hit could be up inside and hidden.

As for players slicking down, that's all about making it easier to wipe, it doesn't keep paint from breaking. It's the slick factor that made nylon pants illegal too.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

BTAutoMag
01-03-2003, 01:18 PM
or just get a warp

FESTUS33
01-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Try Rain-X it works pretty good on goggles, hoppers,markers,
whatever else you might want to try it on. And it's not
all slimy.
Rick:eek:

FalconGuy016