PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Review

wimag
01-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Well i was elated when i received my x-valve. Dropped it in, expecting maybe a small hassle from the bolt needing to be tweaked, no biggie but when i gassed up i was more than dissapointed. The valve is leaking out the side, from a pressure relief hole. Okay so here i go having to tear into it in less than 30 minutes of owning it. PM'd BlackVCG and he led me in the direction i was going in, pull the valve pin assembly. Dry as sand in there plus the small bits of metal i swabbed out dissapointed me even more.
Figured i would try again today after i got a air fill.
Oiled everything up gassed up, nope no good. Changed o-rings oiled em up, nope no good. Pulled the valve pin assembly from my classic RT dropped it in the x-valve. WAhooooo it actually does work.

I hope everyone has better success than my experience. Yeah yeah it is my little vent on this. I find it hard to beleive that this valve made it out the door, i assume they tested it under pressure before it left.
I dont feel like pissing with it anymore, have to RA it back to AGD less than 2 days after receiving it, now that sucks!!!

BTAutoMag
01-03-2003, 09:03 PM
whoa i would have never expected that from AGD

SyntaxError
01-03-2003, 09:08 PM
interestingly enough I had the same experience with my Retro valve, but after a good cleaning and oiling it worked just dandy. I was a bit disappointed at first but the performance more than made up for it.

wimag
01-03-2003, 09:12 PM
SYNTAX: yeah when i has my stainless Retro from a previous marker the only thing which happened was a spacer needed to be changed. This is a whole new animal and no amount of oil is gonna stop this leak .It is a major vent!!!!

pbguy888
01-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Shoot I really really hope mine isnt liek this when it arrives tuesday :(

FalconGuy016
01-03-2003, 09:32 PM
I dont see whats so good about the xvalve :)

Load SM5
01-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Mine has been nothing but great. First thing I did was shoot oil through it. I ran about another 200 shots through it with the tiny bit of air in my tank. No leaks or chops. Sorry you had a bad one.