PDA

View Full Version : NitroHEEEEELLLLPPPPP

behemoth
01-03-2003, 10:45 PM
i just got a tank a couple of days ago...today i got it filled for a game tomarrow at 10:00 they filled it to 43k and it settled at 4k just know i was test firing my gun, and it started to leak out of the hose...i fixed it and then test fired my gun i took 5 shots and then i looked at my gauge...i lost 1k psi from a short leak and 5 shots...i dont know what to do, what is goin on. last week i had the same prob. i spent my tank in 2hrs. is my tank bad???
i need to know for tomarrow morning!!!

HELP ME!!!

FordPrefect
01-03-2003, 10:47 PM
You might have a leak in the gun, or another one in the hose.

I don't know what you mean by having a "bad" tank, though.

BajaBoy
01-03-2003, 10:50 PM
ok if it is a screw in tank, cover the pin valve with your finger, also there should be a release hole, cover that. and stick it in water to see if it is leaking.

pbgear changed a fitting on mine to find out it was leaking from there on my old crossfire 68 4500.

to be safe i just dunked the whole thing in water to see if it was leakin anywhere

paintballbeaver
01-03-2003, 11:05 PM
YOU ARE ALL SILLY when the air is compressed it is hot thats why your tank gets hot most of the time when tanks are filled the pressure is greater due to the heat when it cools it drop pressure thats why no leaky tank for you but if your worried hold it under water to check reg for leaks

Dayspring
01-04-2003, 12:49 AM
I don't mean to be well, mean, but did you read his post? It said that he knows it settled. Which means he knows it goes down in pressure.

Now, as for the REAL problem- where exactly was it leaking from? Fill nipple? Pin valve? or elsewhere?

Originally posted by paintballbeaver
YOU ARE ALL SILLY when the air is compressed it is hot thats why your tank gets hot most of the time when tanks are filled the pressure is greater due to the heat when it cools it drop pressure thats why no leaky tank for you but if your worried hold it under water to check reg for leaks