PDA

View Full Version : Hahaha what do you think about this deal?

rdb123
01-04-2003, 08:05 PM
All right, would any of you care to venture a guess to what my friend was able to trade a stock 99 autococker and a stock classic mag for?
.........................a Blue Angel IR3 with 4,000 shots on the counter.

I can't believe it still. haha

Today was a good day except for me dropping my gun >=\

EDIT: THIS MARKER ENDED UP BEING A STOLEN MARKER ... :(

-Ron

Ultimator
01-04-2003, 08:10 PM
He has received the IR3 or some guy said he would trade?

That's incredibly hard to believe but I guess weird things happen every once in awhile.

Crazy
01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
does he have it in his hands? cuase some people can be all talk =/

rdb123
01-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes, he already received it. I was there when the gun switched hands and I even got to test it out on the field, of course, my SFL was held as collateral.

See, the kid thought the IR3 was too high tech. He also had his step brother with him so they were trading off every other game while one sat out. The kid with the gun liked mags a lot and his step brother wanted a cocker so it just happens that my friend had both.

The angel kid knew exactly what he was doing... we gave him a mask and a 47/3000 tank in addition to 500 paintballs though.

Now my friend just needs a charger.

-Ron

SilverFox
01-04-2003, 08:17 PM
sucks for your friend. He got screwed. UNless for course he's planning to sell the IR3.

FalconGuy016
01-04-2003, 08:17 PM
amazing

Spray Painter
01-04-2003, 08:19 PM
that an awesome deal(for your friend):eek:

rdb123
01-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Lol, I STILL can't believe it even happened.

Also, the kid who originally owned the Angel told us that his bigger brother bought it, but he went off to Air Force or something and won't be back for 3 years or something. So maybe that was why he didn't think too much about getting rid of it.

-Ron

boss_automager
01-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Nice deal, except when the kid's big brother comes back and realizes his Angel IR3 is gone.

PsychoBaller
01-05-2003, 02:17 AM
I could trade my Sniper2 for an Intimidator........lol

blnk162
01-05-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by SilverFox
sucks for your friend. He got screwed. UNless for course he's planning to sell the IR3.

Shutup man, Your ignorant.

SilverFox
01-05-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by blnk162

No you see ignorant would imply that i laCK knowledge on this topic. That assertion is patently untrue. You see i have used all tree markers and in my opinion unless he is planning to sell the ir3 he did indeed get the bad end of the bargin. Actually i have have the chance to play with each incarnation of the angel including the ir3 and i have never been impressed with any of them. Would i take this trade sure then i'd sell the ir3 and get an e mag, or maybe a few nice markers. The angel has a feel that i just don't like. Many ppl do and that is great for them. I have been playing PB since 1986 and i have even owned few angels but never for long. I don't like them. You may feel free to disagree you may even point out some of my characterflaws but ingnorance has never been one of those.

dansim
01-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by blnk162

another witty coment form the peanut gallery:rolleyes:

Wc Keep
01-05-2003, 10:46 AM
well you did spell three wrong you spelt it tree.

but i digress...

i think both parties came out good in this bargin. your friend might have wanted an ir3 and the kid wanted a mag and cocker so i dont see anyone getting screwed over in this deal.

oh and i like the ir3.

blnk162
01-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SilverFox

No you see ignorant would imply that i laCK knowledge on this topic. That assertion is patently untrue. You see i have used all tree markers and in my opinion unless he is planning to sell the ir3 he did indeed get the bad end of the bargin. Actually i have have the chance to play with each incarnation of the angel including the ir3 and i have never been impressed with any of them. Would i take this trade sure then i'd sell the ir3 and get an e mag, or maybe a few nice markers. The angel has a feel that i just don't like. Many ppl do and that is great for them. I have been playing PB since 1986 and i have even owned few angels but never for long. I don't like them. You may feel free to disagree you may even point out some of my characterflaws but ingnorance has never been one of those.

That doesn't mean he got screwed. So you dont like ir3's if you look at a financial aspect of the trade he came out well on top. Now for you to not like ir3's and want to sell it is your opinion and perferance but it doesnt mean he was screwed in the least.

And danism when you leave the rookie level let me know.

rdb123
01-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Oh, I just noticed I forgot to update this thread and state one more fact:

Turns out that the gun was stolen merchandise.

cris8762
01-11-2003, 11:20 PM
whoa who'd he steal it from? does he have to give it back, can he get his cocker and mag back?

rdb123
01-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Yes, the police have already taken the Angel IR3 from him.

And we aren't too sure about him getting his guns back right now.

DeathscytheSK
01-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
Lol, I STILL can't believe it even happened.

Also, the kid who originally owned the Angel told us that his bigger brother bought it, but he went off to Air Force or something and won't be back for 3 years or something. So maybe that was why he didn't think too much about getting rid of it.

-Ron

I bet this bigger brother his gonna kick his *** when he finds out his IR3 is gone heheh :D

DeathscytheSK
01-11-2003, 11:46 PM
Ohh man that sucks for your friend, I guess most things are too good to be true, wonder how the kid got the IR3??

Hemorrhage
01-12-2003, 08:45 AM
So the Angel is the kids brothers or was that just a story? Wouldn't you just sell it instead of trading it? Heh. I guess those who said too goo to be true were right. Why wouldn't he get his guns back?

rdb123
01-12-2003, 09:35 AM
He couldn't get his guns back because we don't know where the two guys are.

And heck, we just thought the kids were kinda dumb and didn't know the exact value on the Angel. Also, buy looking at the trading forums, I noticed that snakestag is having a hard time selling his really nice IR3 for just $1,000. It isn't as easy to sell a marker as you would think. ;)

-Ron

magnj
01-12-2003, 09:53 AM
yea its not all that easy to get good money for a high end gun

If YOU dont like Ir3's doesnt mean he got screwed. Im sure there is a reason why a few teams use angels. And im sure its not cuz they suck.

TigerMan
01-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by rdb123
He couldn't get his guns back because we don't know where the two guys are.

And heck, we just thought the kids were kinda dumb and didn't know the exact value on the Angel. Also, buy looking at the trading forums, I noticed that snakestag is having a hard time selling his really nice IR3 for just $1,000. It isn't as easy to sell a marker as you would think. ;)

-Ron

That's is so true about how hard it's to sell expensive markers. You find not many people have $1k to spend on them. Keep the IR3, don't sell it. You got a huge deal in your favor big time, so I'd just keep it for now.

rdb123
01-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Tiger, no offense, but I think you missed a few key facts:

A) The marker that my friend traded for was a stolen marker
B) The police already came and took it from him ;)

-Ron

TigerMan
01-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Oh my mistake I didn't see it was stolen. Oh well. Just find those kids then and kick their you know what so your friend gets his stuff back. Where they steal it from?

yeahthatsme
01-12-2003, 10:14 AM
who did they steal it from? hope your friend gets his stuff back.

rdb123
01-12-2003, 10:15 AM
We're not sure right now where they stole it from.

They claimed that they lived in Tampa, we met them at Orlando Paintball.

I hear that one of our friends talked to a ref and he told him that another ref that works at our field knows the kids that traded the IR3 to us. I'll have to confirm this next weekend.

-Ron