PDA

View Full Version : Empire Twister Barrel

Trench_Riader
01-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I have been using an old spriral ported smart parts that came with my Minimag and have been less than impressed with its performance. I am now looking for a replacement.

I can score a Empire "Twister" rifled barrel for a decent price at the local a feild and have been thinking of trying it out.

Does anyone know anything about this barrel or have experience with it's performance? Does the rifling actually have any effect? I'm a bit dubious as in a real firearm,the rifling actually grips the bullet and thus imparts a spin on the projectile. Due to the nature of a paintball, I just can't see it performing in the same manner.

Thoughts?

"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

01-04-2003, 10:25 PM
No all the rifling does is make it quieter its all about paint to barrel match. I would go with a medium bore custom products barrel.

spydervenom
01-04-2003, 11:13 PM
these are internally spiralled. i dont like that. i like the way the barrel looks, but i dont like the barrel.

get a cp

EsPo
01-04-2003, 11:17 PM
i have an armson stealth.. also rifled, and i find that it works very very well when you dont break any paint.. it dosnt clean paint well at all. but other than that, its very very quiet. hes right it is all about paint to barrel match, i find that when i have a good match with my armson, it shoots like a dream, but other days, i want to throw it in a lake..