PDA

View Full Version : That giants game was UNREAL

Automaggin2
01-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Anyone else see that? talk about suspense.

1stdeadeye
01-05-2003, 08:11 PM
I know a place kicker, snapper, and holder who will be looking for work tomorrow!;)

paintbattler
01-05-2003, 08:14 PM
i know, it was tight...im gald 49ers won

1stdeadeye
01-05-2003, 08:20 PM
I wanted to see NY win. I am not a Giants fan, but I think they were the only team capable of beating the Feables, er Eagles.

*me shudders at using the E word*

Hemlock86
01-05-2003, 08:28 PM
DUDE!!!!!

What about that JETS!!!!! They rock so much! I hope this win the superbowl so much!!

Restola
01-05-2003, 08:37 PM
I want to see the Browns go all the way!

...maybe next year

TigerMan
01-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Two great games today, both were great to watch.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Giants, Giants your talking about the giants that wasnt a game now talk about the steelers that was a hell of a game:D

logamus
01-05-2003, 09:37 PM
sundays games > saturdays games

Automaggin2
01-05-2003, 10:21 PM
hey 1stdeadeye, i agree. screw the eagles. i like both teams, but i like the giants a little more, only cause they beat the eagles :) .

MagDog68
01-05-2003, 11:09 PM
OK - First of all you should all die for bringing up such a painful subject - maybe you want to give me a paper cut and pour a little lemon juice on it! ;)

Secondly - Everyone knew that the special teams would be the difference for the Giants, I just don't think anyone knew it would be this pivotal. The kicking team HAS to be lynched! Kill Junkin, Kill Bryant and definately Kill Allen for not spiking the ball on the short snap! We could have had another shot damnit!

I have to go now because this is too upsetting.

~Fred

Ex-Giant Fan

TransMan
01-05-2003, 11:38 PM
HAHAHAAHA my NINERS RUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE i watched to whole game and stayed right there all the way through i almost fell when i jumped out my chair at the end of the game my dad thoght i was insane WooooOOOOOoooooo HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

petefol
01-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
hey 1stdeadeye, i agree. screw the eagles. i like both teams, but i like the giants a little more, only cause they beat the eagles :) .
hahahahahaha and the eagles killed the giants the first time they played. they also beat the 49'ers and a few other teams with a 3rd string qb hahahahahahahahahahahahah go eagles!!!!!!

MagDog68
01-06-2003, 12:41 PM
My only saving grace is that the Jets are going to win the super bowl. LoL - the eagles suck. The giants gave them every opportunity last week and they still couldn't win. The 49ers won because our kicking team sucked and Williams -that moron - lost of 30 yards of penaltys with his stupid retaliations.

~Fred

Thordic
01-06-2003, 01:06 PM
The snapper was supposed to be retired, he won't be looking for work since he only came back because their normal guy got hurt.

petefol
01-06-2003, 02:59 PM
it doesnt matter that the eagles lost to the giants last week cause they only lost by 3 points. the first time the eagles played them they killed them. and you cant say a team is good when they played as badly as the giants did, especially in a playoff game.

ShooterJM
01-06-2003, 05:30 PM
I'd celebrate the 49rs victory except for the fact that terrel owens is on that team. He's good, but I hate that guy. I hate him so very much.

irbodden
01-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Good game, except I am not a fan of seeing guys making MILLIONS a year fight like monkies on the field in proffesional football

Automaggin2
01-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by petefol

hahahahahaha and the eagles killed the giants the first time they played. they also beat the 49'ers and a few other teams with a 3rd string qb hahahahahahahahahahahahah go eagles!!!!!!

uhhh, who just beat the eagles last week? o, thats right, the GIANTS *edited*.

and i think AJ Feeley is very good for a rookie, i belive hes better then detmer

TransMan
01-06-2003, 11:00 PM
TO aint as bad as Moss and Shockey and i dont really care if they fight or not just as long as they win.

petefol
01-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

uhhh, who just beat the eagles last week? o, thats right, the eagles.

and i think AJ Feeley is very good for a rookie, i belive hes better then detmer

i didnt know that a team could beat themselves?

1stdeadeye
01-06-2003, 11:10 PM
Let me start by saying that I am not a Giants Fan! That being saidm the Giants were screwed. Someone in the NFL wants the Eagles in the bowl and knew the Giants could beat them. First, Last week, the Giants blew the Eagles out. TWO ghost holding calls took away 14 points. The Giants overcame them. Then the refs screwed the Giants in the Wild-Card Game. The NFL admitted this today! Check out this link: Giants screwed by refs!!!! (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/6107457)

No, I don't like the Giants, but I hate seeing people get screwed more!

MagDog68
01-07-2003, 12:18 AM
it doesnt matter that the eagles lost to the giants last week cause they only lost by 3 points. the first time the eagles played them they killed them. and you cant say a team is good when they played as badly as the giants did, especially in a playoff game.

The giants put up 38 points!!!! How do you say they played bad??? Their defense fell apart - yes, but their offense was incredible. Unfortunately their kicking team has sucked all year and that lost them the game. Oh and the fact that the refs totally blew the call at the end of the game too.

~Fred

Automaggin2
01-07-2003, 09:46 AM
oops, meant giants :D :rolleyes:

ShooterJM
01-07-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Let me start by saying that I am not a Giants Fan! That being saidm the Giants were screwed. Someone in the NFL wants the Eagles in the bowl and knew the Giants could beat them. First, Last week, the Giants blew the Eagles out. TWO ghost holding calls took away 14 points. The Giants overcame them. Then the refs screwed the Giants in the Wild-Card Game. The NFL admitted this today! Check out this link: Giants screwed by refs!!!! (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/6107457)

No, I don't like the Giants, but I hate seeing people get screwed more!

I'm surprised they even admitted to it!

Now the NCAA has to apologize for screwing over miami on that BS pass interferance call.

dre1919
01-07-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm a Niner fan, I'll admit the Giants got screwed by the refs too, but it never should have had to come to that. If you have a 24 point lead on a team, especially in the playoffs, then you better be able to keep it. I think both the Giants and the Browns need to do some character re-assessment in the off season and learn what makes a champion. It goes to show you, they both are good football teams from a skill standpoint, but they both lack the killer instinct present in championship squads. Oh well...bring on the Bucs!! GO NINERS, GO!!

:)

petefol
01-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
First, Last week, the Giants blew the Eagles out.
since when is 3 point victory is a blowout? the giants were lucky they won cause the eagles kicker, who is going to the pro bowl, missed a game winning field goal. so if anything the giants should be happy that the eagles played so bad, and also if the giants are so good then how did a 3rd string qb do so well.

Automaggin2
01-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

I'm surprised they even admitted to it!

Now the NCAA has to apologize for screwing over miami on that BS pass interferance call.

o be quite. you dont know anything about that game. the game shouldnt have even gone into overtime. how bout that pass interference on gamble, the one where he got thrown on the ground, that was a missed call. what about the time gamble got a first down, but refs said it was incomplete, when the replay clearly shows a first down. this caused the bucks to punt the ball, and miami had a good run back and was able to score to tie the game. well, it was still a holdin call anyways, so the bucs would have had a first down no matter what. the pass interference was a little iffy, but the holdin wasnt. and yes, the refs missed ton, TOOOOOOONS of holding penalites, they didnt call any the whole game (i belive). you dont see everything on TV bud.

1stdeadeye
01-07-2003, 03:35 PM

since when is 3 point victory is a blowout? the giants were lucky they won cause the eagles kicker, who is going to the pro bowl, missed a game winning field goal. so if anything the giants should be happy that the eagles played so bad, and also if the giants are so good then how did a 3rd string qb do so well.

My point was that it shouldn't have been a close game. The Giants had 14 points taken off of the board by poor/fraudulent/ghost calls. The two holding calls were non-existent. On the second one, the lineman fell down so there was no possible way he could have held the lineman. The score should have been 21-7 if not for horrid reffing. AJ Feely didn't do well in that game. In fact it was his worse game to date. The Eagles scored 7 points. Look at the Eagles since Donovan went down. They beat only 1 team with a winning record! The Giants statisticly beat them down and again though the refs tried to give that game to the Eagles, the Giants still won.

P.S. I don't like the Giants, but dispise the Eagles!!!

Vash02
01-07-2003, 09:11 PM
I wasnt real happy about the niners win. I HATE Terrell owens, Randy moss and any other widereciever that thinks they are the best thing to happen to football. I think the "Randy Ratio" is the dumbest thing i have EVER heard of. If he is so unhappy with not gettin the ball, I will take his paycheck and he can go out in the world, get a real job, and see just how hard it is to make real money. To be honest i dont think the niners or eagles are gonna make it. Jets maybe but i hope not(Im a dolphins fan and already had one team from our divison win it last year). I think im goin for Falcons or Raiders.

petefol
01-07-2003, 09:56 PM
right now i think it could be the eagles, raiders, or the jets. the eagles and the raiders both have the skill, but the jets have been playing very well. even considering skill you can never really be sure tho, all it takes is one bad or missed call and that can change a game.

Automaggin2
01-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Vash02
I HATE Terrell owens, Randy moss and any other widereciever that thinks they are the best thing to happen to football.

Its all about Joey galloway, he came from OSU :)