PDA

View Full Version : Boomstick the cause of chops?

Stupi
01-06-2003, 09:00 AM
After 2 weekends straight of nothing but chops in my Level 10, Warped E-mag I'm wondering if it's the barrel. At first I thought it was the level 10 but it's so sensitive you can barely feel it bounce off your finger. So then I thought it was too sensitive, and it wasn't firing consistently, bouncing off balls in the breech, and because of the Intellifed Warp, balls were being almost forced into the breech. But when I made the LVL 10 less sensitive, it seemed to work for a while, now I'm right back where I started. I'm constantly walking off the field with breaks trying to change the dwell on my warp or a carrier on my level 10. But yesterday, when I got home, I realized how cold the SS back on my Boomstick gets in the latest cold weather. Could that be causing the ball breaks? Almost like a tongue sticking to a metal pole? I'm really getting sick of fiddling the marker constantly, I just want to play. Any Ideas? But they're not barrel breaks, when a break happens my bolt is covered with paint.

paintslinger
01-06-2003, 09:22 AM
hmmm is there paint in ur feed tube whenever u chop/break paint? also have u tried shooting without the warp? i donno maybe ur paint is to big for the back or ur boom and with cold weather just pops...

Stupi
01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Last week I used Marbs, they broke.
This week I used Polar Ice, also broke.
Both fit well. Yeah, there was paint in feed tube, had some nasty messes a couple times.

paintslinger
01-06-2003, 09:28 AM
oh! *slaps forehead* what nubbin are u using? if ur using the old one i would get one of them new fangled plastic ones.

Stupi
01-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Metal P nubbin that came in my .68 Automag parts kit... been thinking about one of those new fangled plastic ones.

paintslinger
01-06-2003, 09:36 AM
aaaaah that could be it also might wanna try one them there new power feed plugs that agd came out with a while ago.

p.s. hey theres a street sweeper going around my hood kool. never seen one in my hood before...

Stupi
01-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Using that new feed plug, it's warped... how will the nubbin fix anything?

paintslinger
01-06-2003, 10:04 AM
im not sure but some how they were contributing to balls breaking in the breech. i never had the problem though...

digitard
01-06-2003, 10:07 AM
I have a 14" boomy on my classic mag and its been working just fine with the 5 types of paint I've put on there ...

I suggest getting a plastic nubbin, see if that helps ... and maybe try it without the warp like they were saying.

Sincerely,
Dave K

hardr0ck68
01-06-2003, 10:10 AM
tech may be the place to talk about this, one thing to check is the length of your LX bolt, sometimes (its pretty rare but dose happen) the inner section will move and then the whole LX becomes a mess they have the lenght it should be listed in tech....go there tell them your whole set up (LX spring, carrier, shims, boomy's bore size if you know it) and they will help you figure it all out!!

Stupi
01-06-2003, 02:48 PM
OKay, might as well post this in Technical areal. Thnx.

BTAutoMag
01-06-2003, 03:20 PM
ok try this. fire it until you break and then STOP imediatly. take off the barrel and see exactly where the ball broke.

FeelTheRT
01-06-2003, 03:23 PM
do yourself a favor and go out and buy a large bore barrel like the ones that come on Intimidators and all your barrel breaks will cease to exist.

hitech
01-06-2003, 04:35 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62742

jonnie60
01-08-2003, 08:43 PM
No the boomstick isn't the cause. #1 watch the video that came with your mag.
#2 It is the nubinns.
#3dont buy new ones.
#4they work as a ball detant, if they arent poking inot the barrel enough they wont work
#5Take pliers and bend them untill they are farther into barrel and BAM fixed no more double feeding

jonnie60
01-08-2003, 08:45 PM
O ya #6 DON'T LISTEN TO NON-MAG OWNERS WHO KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!

toymyster
01-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Sounds like it would be your nubbin!!! Put a new on in there, and also sounds like you are not chopping, but breaking paint in the breech!! If your nubbin is worn out, it will cut into the paint as the paint is pushed past it!! Hope this helps!! It is not the barrel itself, the Boomies are matched to Marbs!!