PDA

View Full Version : My poor Tank ....

digitard
01-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Hehe,
So I went paintballing yesterday at a local field and had a great time ... my classic mag was tearing up most of the people there, and the intelliframe was helping me crank out about 10bps on a classic valve w/ no chops...

So anyhow, I decided that I was hungry and wanted to go get some lunch ... I had been hanging out w/ a dude who just got a new JT gun and was running it on CO2 and he was asking about HPA so when I went to lunch I loant him my 68/3000 preset PMI so he could see the difference. So I get my bite to eat and come back and he's still ingame (2nd game) and he comes out after and says how consistant he's shooting and he really wants to get one.

So we get to talking a few more mins and start to take the tank off and <B>IT WONT COME OFF HIS JT DROP DOWN.</B>

So we try again and it looks like any more force on the tank is going to twist it right off the reg.... so we go up front and borrow a strap wrench to twist the actual reg, and nope ... still wont come off .....<b>FINALLY</b> I decided "its just gotta come off" and grabbed the VICE PLIERS off their Compressed Air fill station and we twisted AS HARD AS WE COULD and it finally came off ... but not before taking off ALL the chrome paint on the reg (its now a scraped up brass color).

But at least the tank still works ...

So the story goes, dont use the JT drop forwards ... their garbage. We looked at the threads inside and they are very cheesy done .... looks like the tank got off center somehow.

Luckily I'm in the marget for a fiber 68/4500 ...lol

Sincerely,
Dave K

Blazestorm
01-06-2003, 09:58 AM
I had a tank with sharp threads and the cylinder started to unscrew from the reg with normal unscrewing, so I had to grab the reg of the tank and unscrew it, and it was hard, took me like 5 minutes each time.

www.firstcallpaintball.com has system x 68/4500 for 166 and 68/3000 for 130

darklord
01-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Man, that sucks to hear, you should've picked up some robogrip condoms to put on some robogrips, and used those instead of pliers. Hey, at least the tank's still working and mainly in one piece... a month or so ago I slipped and fell on a rock, and punctured my tank, luckily it didn't pierce the carbon fibers.

So what's the deal with this JT dropforward? Are you sure it wasn't the ASA that was the culprit? Luckily I don't have any JT parts on my e-mag... ;) :D

digitard
01-06-2003, 11:52 AM
The drop forward/asa is one piece .. its stock on the JT gun he had ... We looked up info on it at the field online and apparently the threading in the stock drop is horrible ...

I didn't have time to get the pliers, we were at the field and nothing was nearby to go to ... and since I had just met him that day I really didn't have a chance to just wait til the next day type stuff, ya know?

But it all worked out... the tank still works .. and I want to get a new tank anyhow.. so no worries!

Sincerely,
Dave K

Lone Wolf2
01-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Well thats happend before at my field.And my bro has a 5.0 and his screw-in thing will not fit crossfire or PMI threads but u can screw the tank on about half way.Thats weird if u ask me.

digitard
01-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah,
I have a PMI Pure Energy preset ...

It screwed in just fine, he used it for 2 games ... but when the threads were backing out something went awry ....

SO if you have a JT w/ a built in drop forward/ASA you might want to replace it before putting a PMI tank on ..lol

**smiles at my system-x..lol**

Sincerely,
Dave K

automan39
01-06-2003, 03:04 PM
yeah my bro has a 5.0 and some tanks just wouldnt fit in it. very poor construction.

BajaBoy
01-06-2003, 03:29 PM
dig, i can give u a url for crome coat (its really nickle) looks like crome tho. n its cheap