PDA

View Full Version : Is the X-Mag ever going to be sold?

Cyberious
01-06-2003, 10:41 AM
AGD, I have to admit a bit of irritation with the current X-Mag situation. All of the loyal AGD customers on this forum have heard about the X-Mag, have seen it, maybe have even touched the prototypes but I still don't see where I can buy it. Well there are/were two sources:

a) try and get it imported from the UK which would be very expensive and take quite a long time.
b) when I was at World Cup I was told by one of the folks at the AGD booth that if I wanted a display model I could buy it for $2000.

The second source above was particularly bothersome since that was in my mind atleast questionable customer service which as a long time AGD customer I found shocking. I don't necessarily mind spending a large sum for a quality product but to spend it on an amount that sounded like someone had just made it up is not acceptable.

So my questions/comments are?

Why do customers in the US have to wait on products that are released in the UK but are advertised in the US? It seems that the US would have a larger marketing base to try and sell new products. We can't even seem to get the mythical rechargeable 10v warp feed battery.

Are we ever going to see the X-Mag in some sort of adequate production levels in the US this quarter? This Year? This century?

cphilip
01-06-2003, 11:00 AM
They are being sold now. Some of them should be in the hands of the customers today even.

At WC they were not realy WANTING to sell those. They wanted to keep them and in fact had not set them up and gotten all the bugs out of them. So the price was up there to prohibit and curtail them from selling.

Bodies need to catch up and are in the process. We have to wait on them to come over from Europe. To cost prohibitive right now to crank up and do them here. They are catching up soon though. I should think you will see them very readily available by maybe May or June. In the mean time they will slowly get easier to get. Have you gone ahead and ordered one? I suggest you do.

Gecko
01-06-2003, 11:04 AM
The xmag is in the begining of the product cycle. Tom has just now advanced the desighn to where he wants it with the additon of the antichop eye and lvl 10. Production is ramping up and soon guns will be available.
The only reason the gun is available in europe is that the body is produced there. John Sosta at AGD europe desighned the body so it is only natural that there would be more of them there. Most of the xmags you see from there are protypes (be they for ACE systems or milling desighns). The one forum person who i know got it overseas was given to him by his wife, she ordered it from england 3 months ago. All the other xmags appearing on the forums come from preorders made around 5 months ago. Europe does not have people walking through the streets handing out xmags to all the good little children while keeping them away from the dirty americans.
In case you havn't notcie the AGD techs at events tend to be a bit goofy. They just do this to maintain what little is left of thier sanity. How well would you deal with 10 hours in the heat with people constantly asking about this and that while trying to fix guns a player needed 10 minutes ago? Jon probably thought you were kidding and just through a number up out of his head.
The wait will not be much longer. Heck i think i waited 2yrs or so for my excalibur.........

CLeatus
01-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Odd, saw 3 of em in my local shop, along with the 6 that had been sold earlier in the day?? They're out there. Freakin LIGHT too!! Pretty schweet gun!

EDIT: This was a few days ago, on the 2nd.

bsolomon
01-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Every one of the few X-Mags, until now, has been some form of prototype or pre-production unit.

The X-Mag body was devloped in England and is still being made there while the Level 10 and ACE were developed here. Final tweaks on the ACE were not complete until relatively late last year. So while it may appear that there are more X-Mags in Europe, most are lacking the final feature set and many cannot be upgraded since they do not use the final "standardized" parts.

The first actual production batch (30 or so, I believe) shipped right around Christmas and arrived around New Year.

Rob Hoover is a roving AGD tech (i.e., one of the ones who gladly fixes your marker at tournaments and big games). He also manages one of the Pev's paintball locations in Virginia. He has had pre-orders in place from as far back as February last year, and he was one of the places to receive the first batch of production X-Mags - all pre-sold, of course.

From what I have heard, now that the production run is in full swing, AGD is hoping to get out around 75 more units in each of January and February which will complete the first production run. Then onto the 2nd set of pre-orders. Considering that each unit is currently custom annodized and hand assembled, this marker is not going to be readily available (read this as sitting on the shelf in your dealer's showroom) anytime soon.

If you really want one during the 2003 calendar year, you had better be sure to get on a pre-order list.

Cyberious
01-06-2003, 12:50 PM
So what is the asking price? And actually I was there the first day of World Cup and was one of the first folks to the AGD booth so he couldn't have been too tired...unless he was at City Walk too late :-). I have one of the heavily customized Carl Bonta Emags (there are pictures of it on the forum) and would like to move to something a little newer. I still like the one I have but like the newer software and ACE features. Being one of the first Emags (EM00033) it is fairly heavy so the prospect of something that is lighter and still performs at the same level is definitely attractive. I'd really like to get my hands on one of the C&C ones. By the way is there a link to order them?

1stdeadeye
01-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Gecko
The one forum person who i know got it overseas was given to him by his wife, she ordered it from england 3 months ago.

Actually she ordered it 4 months in advance. My wife can be a very determined person. The reason for the delay was the boards from what I understand. My X-Mag is a production model with the Ace board and software version 2.37. They weren't ready until late December. Don't worry man they will soon be trickling out and believe me it is worth the wait. AGD struck gold with the X-Mag!:cool:

magman007
01-06-2003, 01:30 PM
lets put it this way, unless you pre ordered (by calling a dealer, e-mailing them etc) you cannot buy one unless it is used. the price currently(i know because it is what i paid for mine) is 1450.00 usd. That is pollished faded cnc extreme, with both breaches. The cream of the crop of x-mags.

Which is perfect, because thats the price new sfl e-mags went for, which i traded my pre ordered x-mag for. Btw i ordered through rob.

WARPED1
01-06-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm not even going to think about buying one until there's plenty of them in online stores.When I move out to Cali sometime this year to open my field/store,I plan to carry lots of AGD products,hopefully the Xmag will be in production somewhat.Why can't TK hire out a US machinist/cnc place to get bodies made?Why does he only have to use the UK shop?

magman007
01-06-2003, 01:57 PM
because, the x-mag is agde's. AGD e and AGD are like separate compainies doing the same thing. agd e developed the x-mag, there for it is their project. Usa needs to get them from them for the time being

Dayspring
01-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Luck of the draw kinda. AGD got the Level 10. AGDE got the X-Mag. Now they're swapping. (Granted, the Level 10 is a little less complex than the X-Mag body. ;)

cphilip
01-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Actually boys they did not have the X Valve nor the current ACE. We got that part. They now having to retrofit for that. The complete package is just now available here and there almost at the same time. They went with a different ACE for a while and the regular emag valve when they first let any out.

John Sosta, AGD Europe
01-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Cyberious,
It may look like we are shipping more X-Mags over here, than in the U.S., but bear in mind that the European market is much smaller, so although the demand here is very high, it's no where near as high as in the U.S.
So we are able to supply European orders much faster.
As soon as AGD US started to accept orders, they went straight into back order by several months.
We have shipped several hundred X-Mag bodies & modules to AGD US, with many more due to ship any day now.
We don't keep ourselves "stocked up" while starving the US market. We always ensure that AGD US get a higher percentage of available bodies than we keep for Europe, because of the higher demand, but the most popular version at the moment is the C&C body, and each body takes almost 1 1/2 hours of milling work.
Even running the machines 24/7, we are restricted on the number of CnC's we can ship in a month.
If we had the C&C work done by an outside machine shop, the costs would go up dramatically.
We're sure that availability will improve over the coming months, as the initial rush is always worst.
It's just like when Ferrari or Mercedes-Benz bring out a new model !

Cyberious
01-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Just getting frustrated in my search. Would like to get one of the lower numbers. I've been traveling in Europe the past year and have gotten laughed at when I visit a shop and ask if they have one in stock to sell. I've been to the Czech Republic, Germany, Holland, and passed through the UK but have yet to find one. I saw folks at World Cup from the UK with them who made it seem that they were old news. Thought seriously about buying the one for 2000.00 but the nasty pink color of the one I saw was nothing short of ghastly.

manike
01-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Cyberious
I saw folks at World Cup from the UK with them who made it seem that they were old news.

Very strange... I was the only person from the UK that had one at the Cup as far as I am aware, and I certainly wouldn't have talked about it as old news? :)

There were also a couple of people from Sweden there with them but not many about.

manike

WARPED1
01-07-2003, 02:04 PM
DONATE ONE TO THE JIMMY FUND(My real name is Jim).

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Cyberious
I saw folks at World Cup from the UK with them who made it SEEM that they were old news. Thought seriously about buying the one for 2000.00

Of course they seemed like old news, you wanted one. Perception my man, it's all about perception. I'm tired so just ignore me or something.

PsychoBaller
01-07-2003, 05:46 PM
bound to be an SFL out there somewhere for sale.... used of course.... but you would probably have bettery luck in next month or so than getting ur hands on the backordered Xmag...

~da baller

oldsoldier
01-08-2003, 03:11 AM
Well, I walked into my bathroom one day, and what did I see? A purty x-mag in blue, sitting on my sink!!!! ;)

RobAGD
01-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Wel as it currently stands I have 1 Fade Polished Xmag left.

It is a Purple/Black Fade. The price is $1450 + Shipping and insurance.

If your that intrested in it give me call at 703-273-7732 after 1pm until 9pm

-Robert

PsychoBaller
01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
that Purple/Black Fade one was not in any of the the Preorder batches ????

OOoooooooo.... all u Xmag lovers better call his butt up quick....dunno why you would want to talk to his butt about Xmags.. but do it anyway.....

~da "silly" baller