PDA

View Full Version : automag classic

theprey
01-06-2003, 02:34 PM
UPS delivered my automag today. I have never shot one before today.......WOW!!! I have shot a tippman, a spyder, JT Excellerator, and a WGP E-Ranger. The automag craps all over them. I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I am really impressed. The design simplicity is what interested me at first, then I began to read very postitive reviews. The barrel that was shipped with mine is a little loud, but if that's the sacrifice for accuracy, I'll take the noise any day of the week. Can anyone offer advice on some common upgrades? I do plan on using nitro.

Thanks!!!
:p

digitard
01-06-2003, 02:46 PM
1) Nitro
2) Intelliframe & 12V Revvy hopper
3) XValve

Then your pretty much set . barrel, body, etc you can choose with what you find to like the most.

Sincerely,
Dave K

painball
01-06-2003, 02:48 PM
everything he said ^^^
+
drop forward (kapp drop zone 2 works well I think)
gas thru foregrip & VA

digitard
01-06-2003, 02:58 PM
If its a classic mag (this is up to you by the way) you probably dont have the vertical ASA already on it ... so dont worry about the gas through grip ...

If your getting a preset tank then just get a Drop forward that has the mounting ASA on it, and go directly from the valve to the drop (check out the pic in my link to see what i mean).

But yeah, a good drop forward is a good idea ... I have a SYSTEM-X one

Sincerely,
Dave K

Quiet
01-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Guy, guys, guys, what are you thinking....

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MAGS THEPREY!!!

Oh ya, the boys are spot on, as to what you should get

FalconGuy016
01-06-2003, 07:54 PM
dont worry, if you take care of it, it will always be that good (and MUCH better with upgrades) thats exactly almost how I felt when I shot mine :)

madmatt151
01-06-2003, 10:21 PM
I remeber the first time I shot a mag, it was a brand new version of it called.. the MINIMAG!! My friend had just got it and I was instantly in love. Enjoy! One thing though, I am suprised that you thought it was loud. Lat time I played i let a kid who had his own set of spyders use mine mag and he was shocked at how quiet it was. All he kept talking about was how quiet my gun was, not the fact that my team had beaten his 9 out of 10 times!

theprey
01-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the advice! I got the TKO Automag standard feed from paintballgear.com. After reading the posts here, maybe I should have bought the powerfeed, but standard seems to work just fine. I have a 12v revy and a nitro tank on the way. Where's the best place to get the intelliframe?
BTW Dave, your setup looks great!

Thanks,
Gary

RamboPreacher
01-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by theprey
[clip]The automag craps all over them. [clip]Is this a good thing? :D

digitard
01-07-2003, 10:47 AM

I say the best place to get your intelliframe is from the classifieds forum in the MISC catagory and you can probably find a almost new one for about 90 bucks or less .... ya should check it out

Best of luck, any questions just ask ...

Sincerely,
Dave K