PDA

View Full Version : Gen x-2 reg output on mag

italian_animal
01-06-2003, 05:48 PM
I just got a gen x-2 reg, from a friend and I was just wondering what should the output pressure be. Just so you know my minimag has lvl 10 and an old air america apocalypse tank(which will change once I get my new tank in tomorrow, the tank that will be replacing it is a center flag screw in set at 750 psi).So what should the output pressure be for both tanks. I dont know the output on the apocalypse.thanks roby

virus
01-06-2003, 06:52 PM
should be set for 750 or higher..... if was even needed in the first place.... which it is not.... with in on... your mag will be triple reged and will probly experence shootdown....

at best you can put in on but not run any hoses to it and it probly make a good foregrip....

RTGuy86
01-06-2003, 08:35 PM
i used to run a air america vialator ss uni reg on my mag before i got the retro and i think that if you adjust the pressure to about 800-850 psi it gives almost a RT effect. i didnt experiance any shoot down but if you have the RT you will starve the RT valve by doing this. well let us know how it works out.

virus
01-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by RTGuy86
i think that if you adjust the pressure to about 800-850 psi

so how is this miricle increase of pressure from a 750psi output to the 800-850psi you suggest done..... i'm sure some people with old shockers would love to know.... in other words... cant be done... if it could you could fill your hpa tank with an everyday ballon and not need a compresser and/or booster

edit to remove my sig

italian_animal
01-06-2003, 09:18 PM
It shoots but i dont have a chron so I cant tell if it is experiancing any shoot down (and Im out of paint). New Question, is it better to have the air from the tank go straight to the valve or can i have it go to a gas thru with the same consistency? If I have the gas thru on what will happen to the guns consistency? thanks agian

xen_100
01-07-2003, 01:44 PM
as long as you use macro or SS line, it shouldn't make a difference one way or the other.

RTGuy86
01-07-2003, 07:17 PM
so how is this miricle increase of pressure from a 750psi output to the 800-850psi you suggest done..... i'm sure some people with old shockers would love to know.... in other words... cant be done... if it could you could fill your hpa tank with an everyday ballon and not need a compresser and/or booster

i was reffering to his air america tank. sorry that i didnt state that,

Dayspring
01-07-2003, 07:29 PM
You can run it through a gas-through. All it is, is some tubing. No big deal. No problems with efficiency.

But dump the additional reg. Go from tank to valve.

Originally posted by italian_animal
It shoots but i dont have a chron so I cant tell if it is experiancing any shoot down (and Im out of paint). New Question, is it better to have the air from the tank go straight to the valve or can i have it go to a gas thru with the same consistency? If I have the gas thru on what will happen to the guns consistency? thanks agian

athomas
01-09-2003, 02:50 PM
I would see about getting the new Center Flag tank output pressure increased to 850psi. I think you can get shims put in to do that but I'm not 100% sure. Apparently the level 10 bolt assembly will like you better if you run the higher input pressure.

Don't use a third regulator on a mag. It isn't needed and just adds an additional restriction in the air line.

TheTramp
01-09-2003, 03:21 PM
I agree that having an input pressure of around 800-850 is ideal. If your tank is set at 750 then you shouldn't put a third reg in the line. Either run a line from the tank to the valve or use a gas-through foregrip.

You always want to have at least 200psi difference between regs or they wont recharge quickly. With a 750psi tank output you would have to set the gen x-2 reg to 550psi and that wouldn't be enough for the AIR valve which runs around 400-450psi.