PDA

View Full Version : HR/HL Barrel to CF Barrel?

Remington
01-06-2003, 08:59 PM
:confused: I'm in the market for a center feed body http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62792 and was wondering how I could go about turning my hopper right/left J&J two piece into a centerfeed compatible barrel. I know I have to drill another hole but can I use a normal drill with the proper sized bit or do I need a special metal-specific drill? Thanks for you help.

fire1811
01-07-2003, 08:49 AM
yep i did mine with a dremel. just take the grip off line the feed hole up with barrel hole and mark threw the hole in the bottom. take off drill ur hole. just dont go too deep it doesnt take much of a hole. but also be advised that if u do this so the barrel is solid u will not be able to use the hopper right, because it will not go past ur cf hole. if u dont feel comfortable doing it send it to damageinc54 he will do it for not a lot of $
good luck bro

Remington
01-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks fire. One question though: Was that a yes or no to being able to use a normal drill? I don't have a Dremel. :(

fire1811
01-07-2003, 04:28 PM
oh sry bro missed that lol
one thing dremels rule :D
and i dont see why not as long as u have a bit small
enough to go inbetween the groves. just remember not too deep. drill a little put gun back together try it. i have my drilled so it wont go past the cf hole but then u cant use h/r. not a big deal to me but maybe u already have a h/r body? its not really hard took 5 minutes just take ur time and think before u do it :D

Remington
01-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Sounds good. Thanks again!