PDA

View Full Version : PBgear.com backorders

DeathscytheSK
01-06-2003, 09:54 PM
From what I hear some people have had their share of nightmares from Pbgear.com, I ordered a few things on their site but my CP on/off ASA is on backorder, They said on their site that it can be from a week to a month before they get items restocked in general, anyone have anything on backorder or did and it was a nightmare to actually get it? I can always change the color of the asa and get it right now but I perfer to keep both the flame drop and the asa in the same color scheme (black)

FalconGuy016
01-06-2003, 10:00 PM
they ship it to you when they get it in stock, which is usually pretty fast unless you are the first one to get backordered

Raptor3359
01-06-2003, 10:10 PM
my dad had something on back order, we got like 2-3 months after he ordered it, i forgot all about it. I've been dying to order a BKO but they r never in stock and i'm scared to put it on backorder and either get the wrogn thing or haev to wait longer then i should.

Xerces
01-06-2003, 10:10 PM
i ordered an aci thumb velocity adjuster from them a few years back. about 6 months later a taso one shows up at my door. i rarely order from them.

DeathscytheSK
01-06-2003, 10:11 PM
yeah I hope they get it to me asap, becuase I am gonna have to use my duckbill asa until it comes in :rolleyes:

Brian68mag
01-06-2003, 10:18 PM
My friend ordered the stock impulse and it went on backorder and he got a package 2 days later, it was a TKO impulse, no extra charge.
Kinda cool.

battlegroup
01-06-2003, 10:20 PM
I have like 5 things on backorder right now but I ordered them right before Christmas. I called them today and they said it might be awhile

dyewire
01-06-2003, 10:35 PM
I have a few things on backorder. A case of paint i ordered from them backorderd after i bought, then came 3 weeks later, in liquid form. Right now im waiting on stuff i ordered pre-christmas. I would recommend 888paintball, never been burnt by them once, although pbgear may have wider selection, 888's new site is hella better than there old dead link dread feast. In my experiences, they are SLOW on backorders, but thats just me. If you havnt been burned by them, stick with em.

Automaggin2
01-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Raptor, a friend of mine ordered a BKO in november, and he still hasnt seen it. It took them 3 months to send me a barrel, well, they actually ddint send it, i had to call them and hardcore flame them, then they finally gave me a barrel. and they never told me it was BACKORDERED!

Snake847
01-06-2003, 11:07 PM
here is the deal with pbgear(i live 5 minutes from them)
when something is backordered it will take at least a week for it to get in stock. and if it's poplar its in stock and out of stock same day. So your answer is Always check avaliability and order through phone!

EsPo
01-06-2003, 11:10 PM
i have very very good luck with them i guess..they never screwed up an order of mine.. odd. we just returned some knee shin pads to get a diff. size, no problems there either.

my buddy ordered a 68/3k steal preset centerflag, and recieved a 68/45 centerflag.. not sure which series... the one thats like 189..still a good deal though.

Spray Painter
01-06-2003, 11:15 PM
ya, i ordered some stuff about 2 weeks before christmas. most of it was backordered but they got it all to me about a week before chrismas. i ordered my stuff by phone and some people say that helps or maybe i just got lucky.

Cryer
01-06-2003, 11:53 PM
I've had bad experiences with pbgear.
I ordered a proteus mask a long time ago ( 1, maybe 2 years). It was in stock when i ordered it over the phone, but a WEEK later, I got an email, saying it was backordered. It took a month and a half to get my mask.
I also ordered a Warped Sportz dark viewloader and an Omega body rail right before christmas. This time, they at least told me it was out of stock, and they were expecting to be able to ship by the 3rd of January. Still havent heard anything... The problem is, pbgear is the only place i've found that carries the dark viewloader. (besides warped sportz, but they only have priority and air mail shipping methods.)

LaW
01-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Always call to check availability with pbgear... I've had great experiences with them. I only order from them when i really need something since it takes 1 day for the shipment to reach me.

Bulldog
01-07-2003, 02:21 AM
I ordered a black cp on/off asa and it was backordered too. It took about a week for them to get it back in stock. It's popular item.

PsychoBaller
01-07-2003, 02:58 AM
I kinda think its funny in a way.....

Some of the lowest prices anywhere online..... but lowest prices on things they never have in stock.... kinda crappy business if ya ask me...

I'll never again order from PaintballGear, or 888paintball...service is in need of a makeover...

~da "annoyed" baller

deathstalker
01-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
Some of the lowest prices anywhere online..... but lowest prices on things they never have in stock.... kinda crappy business if ya ask me...
Your comment reminds me of things said to me by customers when I used to work in bookstores. Back when The Bridges of Madison County was popular, we could not keep the book in stock for more than three hours (we would usually receive 50-150 copies). When I would tell customers we are out of stock, they would yell at me and complain that we don't have the #1 bestseller. My response?

"Why do you think it's the #1 bestseller?":rolleyes:

covadsucks
01-07-2003, 01:48 PM
For the folks looking for CP on/off's, just call CP directly at 480-539-4820. They are really nice and will get it out same day you order it. Forget going through PBGear -even though they've never screwed me over- I always just go straight to the manufacturer. I think I paid 4.00 for USPS priority for a 12" CP Pro tip...

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Personaly i hate ordering from PBgear. I ordered a N2 tank from them, said they would deffinatly be in stock the next week, i waited. 3 weeks later i got the same story, about 3 months later i cancelled my order. Another time i orderd a mag parts kit and something else. The package came, and guess what was in there. A Mag vert adaptor. I called them up about this, they said O the parts kit was out of stock so we put a vert adaptor in.Thats a bunch of garbage im not gonna be tricked by a vert adaptor thinking its a parts kit.. Ill never order there again....

PolishSausage
01-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Ordered a Jersey about 7 months ago, there still not in stock, so I used that money to get a Redz 3.2 :D

PolishSausage
01-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbAlLeR476
Personaly i hate ordering from PBgear. I ordered a N2 tank from them, said they would deffinatly be in stock the next week, i waited. 3 weeks later i got the same story, about 3 months later i cancelled my order. Another time i orderd a mag parts kit and something else. The package came, and guess what was in there. A Mag vert adaptor. I called them up about this, they said O the parts kit was out of stock so we put a vert adaptor in.Thats a bunch of garbage im not gonna be tricked by a vert adaptor thinking its a parts kit.. Ill never order there again....

I never believe stories like this for one reason...when I called PBgear to return my Kapp Ram, All they did, and all they are supposed to do is give you a return shipping number, and then enter the return into the computer. In my opinion anyone who has a story where they talked to someone in returns who knew aboust there order and an attempt to screw them is a liar, thats my opinion anyways, seem so make sense to me...

battlegroup
01-07-2003, 03:55 PM
I placed a large order before christmas and recieved most of it. There were a few items out of stock and I will wait. What I don't like is that I ordered a Chome fill nipple cover and since it was out fo stock they sent me a silver one. unfortunatly the silver one is half silver half black where the chrome is all silver. doesn't sound like a big deal but it's not what I ordered. after a few phone calls they told me they would put the chrome on backorder (at no charge)with the rest of my stuff and don't bother sending the silver one back.

It may take a while but if they have the lowest prices, they probably have a lot of people ordering through them which keeps things out of stock. If you want low prices you have to wait.

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-07-2003, 04:11 PM
They new about my order because when you call them up with an order question they ask you for the order number...Then i told them what my problem was(got the vert adaptor instead of parts kit). And thats what they told me, i then received an RA# and sent it back...The person i talked to knew nothing about my problem untill i told him. Its not like i called up and he was like hahahaha we screwed you out of a parts kit. I told him the problem he said the parts kit are out of stock and for somereason the vert adaptor was sent in its place. Whats to not beleive about that. They arent supposed to just give you a RA# they are supposed to ask why you are returning the item...

FutureMagOwner
01-07-2003, 04:23 PM
eh i get a few mess ups from them once a while like they sent me the long version tank cover for my stubby maxflow which i ordered both at the same time and they had microline fittings mixed in with macro line hose which i dont think is definantly their fault. also i ordered a freak for my cocker which was on back order they just sent the stuff i had and then shipped it for free a couple days later(they werent expected more for weeks) also my team placed an order for a ball detent an egg II and halo b aboout a month and a half ago but it isnt their fault because halob's are not made very fast now or somethin

DeathscytheSK
01-07-2003, 04:55 PM
So far so good with pbgear.com for me, I ordered my stuff sunday night, they had it sent out monday except for the backordered cp on/off asa that I hope they can send out soon, Right now I am concerned with Firstcallpaintball.com I ordered a N2 Tank and JT Red Proflex, my order status says pending so I e-mail them asking whats up, I get an e-mail yesterday saying that they are out of red masks and I can get black red yellow or blue, I tell them Black for sure, Checked my status this morning and it is still Pending...whats going on with them :confused:

I also lucked out, They just recieved their shipment of CP On/Off asas and they shipped mine out today, only took 1 day of backorder...

PsychoBaller
01-07-2003, 06:00 PM
point acheived...

be wary through the misty mountains.... for it may lead to borderline flaming........

~da "taking a moment of silence" baller

Vash02
01-07-2003, 08:39 PM
I didnt have any problems with them till a couple weeks ago. I ordered some stuff and a week later i got an email saying something was back ordered. Turned out it was the macroline! My friends brother ordered macroline a week after that from dropzone and he got his a week ago and i still havent recieved mine. Pbgear seems to run out of stuff that they really shouldnt. I would consider macroline a necesity for them to have. Ive even seen them run out of paint!! they are a PAINTball store and this is unexscusable.

rickez10
01-11-2003, 01:09 AM
They will send you the merchandise unexpectedly even after
an absurd amount of time. don't like their policy about this at all.
rick

FalconGuy016
01-11-2003, 01:17 AM
My 68/4500 tank and Dye cover was backordered because...

my threadprotecter was out of stock

Dern
01-11-2003, 01:59 AM
My friend ordered his BLACK BKO, 68/4500 low pressure crosffire tank, macro fitting, 12v revvy w/xboard, and a dead on pro blade drop on Dec 19 and he got it on Jan.6 which isn't bad at all, in fact the BKO was backordered hehe.

The reason they are slow sometimes is because they have backorders upon backorders... items are sold out before the new order arrives.... However, they should buy more at a time, unless maybe manufacturers can't keep up with demand (like BKO's, awesome guns hehe)

FutureMagOwner
01-11-2003, 08:38 AM
man im still waiting for this halo i wish they would send the stupid egg2 and ball detent i order with it. i dont plan on ordering from them much more often im going to buy anything at the local proshop and if they dont have it ill go online

also online stores arent very popular at selling paint because with shipping costs it ends up being basically the same price. macroline is an easy thing to run out of its very popular however they probably never run out of steel hose because the chances of getting the wrong length are very high(im talking about the guy ordering the wrong thing)