PDA

View Full Version : Micromag Question

tobz
01-07-2003, 03:13 PM
I was just wondering how the "detent" works as far as micromags go. I want the micro mag body, and I know that it takes cocker threads. But i've been hearing about a new 3 piece and/or a ball bearing type detent? I would appreciate any input about this since I'm not sure what it all means. Also, how does the standard ball detent work on a micromag, and is it pretty good? Let me know, thanks!

tobz

p.s. I'm also looking for a black centerfeed micromag body, I will trade my warp left polished mag body and my warp for it if you add some $$$. I'm also looking for a halo B! Thanks.

Bulldog
01-07-2003, 08:33 PM
The detent works fine. Usually the only issues are with Halo B users. The pressure on the detent increases and so you have to get a stronger spring in the detent. Not a big deal, but darn frustrating if you don't know what's going on.

I remember someone on here did have some problems with theirs, they ended up having to redrill the hole, but I think that's pretty rare.

tobz
01-07-2003, 08:57 PM
First off, Thanks for the input!

I was going to get a halo B, but maybe I'll stick with a Rico or something. I usually don't shoot that fast and I'll have a level 10 anyhow. I just like to shoot accurate. But thanks for the input, since I had no idea before... Thanks!

T.J.

Bulldog
01-07-2003, 09:00 PM
No problem, and just for info, I use a linked 12 volt revy on mine (2000 vert), and I can't out shoot it, so you should be fine. Should.