PDA

View Full Version : Pb Gun design

Ice
01-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Alright, well I have a few questions, so here I go
I currently have a gun design that I think it actually pretty good, however, I have NOTHING to make it with, and hardly any money to spend, so I can't like get it custom made. Especially since it will take a few prototypes before I get the problems fixed. So,
1. Any idea on how to get a prototype made?
2. Does AGD or anyother company have the blowforward design copyrighted?
3.If there isn't a way to get the prototype made, so I send it to (say AGD) or some other company to see if they will use it? OR
4. Should I send my design in to see if some big companies (once again AGD) think it is a good design, BEFORE trying to get it made?

Can you tell I like AGD? :D

Vegeta
01-07-2003, 06:58 PM
For one, I as well as others have been seeing many so called 'proposed ideas' for markers flying around here, usually from people with little or no technical background. What makes you think that YOU have came up with a new idea?

If you really think you have an idea, the only real way to test it is first, ask around places like the Tinker's guild, maybe contact some fellow people here on AO that do prototyping, abnd see if you design will first and formost, even work. FOr right now, you don't need to worry about patents, just if it will acutally work. Lots of people (lots of people that arent educated in the area of the topic mainly) get a napkin, writedown some configuration of a valve and a bolt and call it a new idea. There sis much more to it that that. Wieght balances between the part. Air flow. Proper placement of orings.

Think to yourself.. 'Is it possible that someone has thought of this before?' and if you answer yes or maybe, then it probably has been thought of before.

Mainly I say ask around on the tinker's guild about designs that may be similar to yours. In this business, competition is not that fierce so youshouldn't have problems abotu disclosing information, especialluy if you do not have detailed specifications.

A link to hte tinker's guild can be found at Doc's site, www.docsmachine.com

Good luck in getting a deisgn that noone has thought of that actually works. That's almost like saying 'I have a new idea for a TV.'... it has been around so long and so many companies have worked on idea for them that there are no real new thigns htat can be capitalized on.

flanders
01-09-2003, 03:34 AM
trust me it's so hard to come up with a new gun design these days

a variation is the best ull come up with

Ice
01-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta
For one, I as well as others have been seeing many so called 'proposed ideas' for markers flying around here, usually from people with little or no technical background. What makes you think that YOU have came up with a new idea?

If you really think you have an idea, the only real way to test it is first, ask around places like the Tinker's guild, maybe contact some fellow people here on AO that do prototyping, abnd see if you design will first and formost, even work. FOr right now, you don't need to worry about patents, just if it will acutally work. Lots of people (lots of people that arent educated in the area of the topic mainly) get a napkin, writedown some configuration of a valve and a bolt and call it a new idea. There sis much more to it that that. Wieght balances between the part. Air flow. Proper placement of orings.

Think to yourself.. 'Is it possible that someone has thought of this before?' and if you answer yes or maybe, then it probably has been thought of before.

Mainly I say ask around on the tinker's guild about designs that may be similar to yours. In this business, competition is not that fierce so youshouldn't have problems abotu disclosing information, especialluy if you do not have detailed specifications.

A link to hte tinker's guild can be found at Doc's site, www.docsmachine.com

Good luck in getting a deisgn that noone has thought of that actually works. That's almost like saying 'I have a new idea for a TV.'... it has been around so long and so many companies have worked on idea for them that there are no real new thigns htat can be capitalized on.

Yes, that is why I was asking around..Cause I don't have that much in the way of background. I have been looking around to see if anyone has come up with my "design" before. I have noticed 2 guns that come farily close. The closest is the mag (one of the reasons I'm posting here) and the other I will not mention.

Thanks for the help

01-11-2003, 01:13 AM
/me takes a wild stab in the dark, the matrix?

flanders
01-11-2003, 04:12 AM
to get that pattent over another gun u have to show atleast 10% difference then the other styles