PDA

View Full Version : feedneck stuck

RAM3139
01-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Anyone have any ideas on how to get a broken revy feedneck out of my vertical feed? I tried going at it with a knife and screwdriver (typical angry-male intuition) but the feedneck lasted longer than my hands. Wierd how it breaks when you dont want it to, but acts like steel when you try to crack it. Any help would be appreciated, or just B.E. bashing, becuase it always feels good to vent frustration.

digitard
01-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Hehe, Everyone breaks the new Revvy shells .. they're brittle (well the black ones).

Ummm, honestly maybe get an exactly knife and slow cut the shell piece til you can crack it in 1/2

Sincerely,
Dave K

snakestang
01-07-2003, 05:48 PM
How about a little lighter fluid and a match? You surely wont hurt the body.

Or since its two pieces just tap one side down slowly with a screwdriver until both sides free up.

Bulldog
01-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Ya BE sucks!:D If you have a dremel, just cut it out, outerwise just go slowly with an exacto.

personman
01-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Duct tape. Lots and lots of Duct tape. BE is teh shiznat btw.

EsPo
01-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Ummm, honestly maybe get an exactly knife
Dave K

exact<b>o</b> knife? hehe

ya.. BE is the shizzy...

PsychoBaller
01-07-2003, 06:37 PM
step one... aquire ducttape and a grenade (tape from Home Depot or hardware store.. and the grenade from either a US military instalation or your grandpa's trunk in the attic)

now... slow and gentle like... tape the grenade to feed neck.... then... pull the pin and run far far away....

congradulations... you have made a 7 layer cake and a side of french fries

~da "sometimes a bit overly silly" baller

petefol
01-07-2003, 07:19 PM
take a pair of pliers and put a thick rubber band around them, then stick the pliers in but pull the handles apart so that the pliers press up against the feedneck, then pull it out.