PDA

View Full Version : Ule?

magzown3
01-07-2003, 06:00 PM
What is this ULE that i have been hearing about? I see in the online store that there is a ULE rail which is lighter. But I hear people talking about ULE kits and frames, where do you find these and is there anything different with them besides being lighter?

Also, (off this topic) where would I go to buy a new SFL e-mag?

WARPED1
01-07-2003, 06:09 PM
A ULE frame is,well,it's a,it does,oh crap,I have no idea what a ULE is.

xmetal2001
01-07-2003, 06:56 PM
ULE Rail would be the one you see in the store, it has alot of aluminum milled out and is much lighter.

The ULE gripframe also has alot of metal milled out and is much lighter.

I think...............

Bulldog
01-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Yep, very light weight compared to a standard rail/grip. It has uneccessarry alluminum milled off.

Dayspring
01-07-2003, 07:10 PM
ULE stands for Ultra Light Emag.

ULE Frame: Technically- it's a hollowed out frame rail that the Emag/Rt Pro can share. Cuts the weight in half almost. You can buy this one.

ULE Grip Frame- Hollowed out trigger frame. The back "hump" on the grip is gone. Cuts down weight. CAN'T buy this one.

crazyray
01-08-2003, 05:45 PM
does anyone have any pics of these ULE parts? If so could you post some up.

warpfeedmod
01-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
ULE stands for Ultra Light Emag.

ULE Frame: Technically- it's a hollowed out frame rail that the Emag/Rt Pro can share. Cuts the weight in half almost. You can buy this one.

ULE Grip Frame- Hollowed out trigger frame. The back "hump" on the grip is gone. Cuts down weight. CAN'T buy this one.

why cant you buy the frame?

If I can't buy em from AGD, where can I get em?

Top Secret
01-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Are ULE grip frames ever going to be availible to purchase?

Emagster
01-08-2003, 06:20 PM
I bought a ule trigger frame for my E-mag....yay me:D alot lighter from the stock

cphilip
01-08-2003, 06:23 PM
The ULE Grip frame is still being used for the X mags. So there are none of them to spare I think. There were some ULE rails on the store cause they do not need them anymore. Since they not doing any more colored emags and those rails are not needed for the X mag. It needs no rail. So they put em up for sale. Regular emags was getting non ULE rails and I guess still are. There was supposed to be 6 ounces total less weight on the emag using both the ULE Rail and Grip. That is not in half. If you will recall most of the Colored Emags where made from the ULE parts. Grip is recognizable from the flat back where your palm would be. The rail is not recognizable without taking the marker apart and looking into the top of the rail. But be carefull as there were a few prototype Emags colored that did not have the ULE Grip or Rail. Look for the Hump. Most of the production ones if not all of them had em.

personman
01-08-2003, 06:45 PM
I could have sworn the E in ULE ment electronics and not e-mag..
You could try calling AGD and ask if you could purchase a grip frame.. you never know..
But you cant, and I doubt you will ever be able to buy ULE parts from anyone but AGD..
This is excluding Tunaman though, he sells kits.. I dont know if anyone else does..

AGD
01-08-2003, 07:04 PM
It actually means "Ultra Light Engineering" and applies to all products that are specially lightened to the max. No looks just cooks. We are currently working on a ULE version of the Sluggo that has everything taken off to the bone.

AGD

rikkter
01-08-2003, 07:10 PM
yeah i didn't think the E standed for emag or electronis because the ULE frame doens't have electronics, but its called the ULE rail. :cool:

ChucktheMAGician
01-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by magzown3
Also, (off this topic) where would I go to buy a new SFL e-mag?

OK, I'll answer ;) , a new one may be hard to find because they are no longer making them. Keep checking here and see if anyone is selling thiers, but that may be a hard thing to do to because from what I've read people who have them totally love them!

warpfeedmod
01-08-2003, 08:09 PM
I almost picked up one from the markers forum, was at $1000 but I don't have the money to part with :(

vortechcoupe
01-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by AGD
It actually means "Ultra Light Engineering" and applies to all products that are specially lightened to the max. No looks just cooks. We are currently working on a ULE version of the Sluggo that has everything taken off to the bone.

AGD

woohoo!! where do i sign??

Justin C

JEDI
01-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Actually, you can tell a ULE rail from the outside. Theres a small divit removed from the back end of the rail, where it flares out under the valve. Check out this picture:

http://www.deadcell.cc/adam/DcellMag.JPG

All the parts you see there are ULE parts. The battery pack has the least amount taken off from the stock pack, but the grip is the most noticeable part. There might be some ULE parts kits in the hands of select AO people that might wanna sell them. I assume if you search, you'll find someone.

PsychoBaller
01-08-2003, 11:29 PM
my head... Jedi.. ya got me right in my forehead with that un-resized picture... heh...

Still a gorgeous gun... but ouchies :D

~da "needs an ice pack" baller

JEDI
01-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
my head... Jedi.. ya got me right in my forehead with that un-resized picture... heh...

Still a gorgeous gun... but ouchies :D

~da "needs an ice pack" baller

Sorry, next time I'll think of you :rolleyes:

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Would the ULE rail available in the store fit on a Minimag? I am modifying mine and trying to make it lighter.

A ULE Slug body in production????? Now you got me very interested, but will it be installable on Minimags and Automags or set up to only work for EMags and RTs? I've been dying for a Cocker-Thread, High Rise Feed Port, Nice-looking, Lightweight body to put on my Minimag so you can guess the eagerness I've been expressing for this new fully finished Slug. I got my Intelliframe, Xvalve, the next step is this new body and my Minimag (which will basically no longer be a Minimag) is going to rip!

Any early production shots of what the body will look like Tom? Even just a hint? :D

Bulldog
01-09-2003, 12:36 PM
The ULE rail isn't any lighter than the standard mag rail. It's lighter than the emag rail, but not the standard. If your looking for a lighter rail, take a look at the omega. I think that's what its called. I think it's a little lighter, but I could be wrong on that.

Tunaman
01-09-2003, 05:19 PM
OK...here is the skinny...
The ULE gripframes are available in Black only. The ULE Rails are available only in Raw/silver color. Email me if you want one.

Jonesie
01-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Just curious, why are the gripframes anno'd and not the rails. Seems kinda silly... ;)

Later ~ Jonesie

SlartyBartFast
01-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
Just curious, why are the gripframes anno'd and not the rails. Seems kinda silly... ;)

Later ~ Jonesie

Actually, I think it's kind of silly that you can't buy all the parts unfinished.

I mean whats the point in AGD getting Intelliframes or ULE grip frames anno'd if you want to anno them to match your current setup?

I had asked AGD if I could get a raw intelliframe because I wanted a ULE frame and an intelliframe to anno/powdercoat the same colour. The response was "not available" So I would have to buy the ULE Frame and a black anno'd intellifeed that I'd have to strip.:mad:

BajaBoy
01-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie

Later ~ Jonesie

rail- bc they made alota diff colored emags. (left overs)
frame-i heard that some black emags came with the ule frame (so that batch was black)