PDA

View Full Version : cocker threaded body

impulse666
01-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Where can I find a cocker threaded body for my RT? I dont like the mag twist lock.

Load SM5
01-07-2003, 09:58 PM
The Z-body is cocker threaded but harder to find.
Pro Team Products bodies are cocker threaded
AGD is currently working on a new aluminum mainbody with cocker threads. You can buy those in a raw unmilled state, but they don't have finished ones right now.

petefol
01-07-2003, 10:10 PM
none of them will fit an rt tho will they?

Load SM5
01-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Ahhhhhh I was thinking RT pro. You might be out of luck then.

petefol
01-07-2003, 11:28 PM
actually... http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62916

Originally posted by Doc Nickel
Okay guys, here's the official story:

I've received quite a few E-mails about my adapter, I'm guessing 20 to 30. If I missed a reply, I apologize. I get upwards of fifty messages a day, and with my typical chicken-with-it's-head-cut-off schedule and level of organization, occasionally I lose track.

Anyway, I've made about ten stainless adapters, and two or three aluminum ones for various customers. Problem is, making them on manual machines is somewhat time-consuming, and worse, tends to be inconsistent when I rush things. They take a while to drill and machine from solid 303 bar stock, and so I have to charge accordingly.

However, I've started nailing down details and financing to have a CNC shop make a short run of them. Best estimates say six weeks, could be two months, depending on shop schedules. This will allow me to cut the price in half, and have better finishes to boot.

The details: The adapters are, as I said, 303 stainless steel, and a drop-in, no-mods, fully reversible conversion to Autococker threads. (Though I did make one prototype that takes Angel barrels.) The inserts fit all 'Mags that take existing "twist lock" barrels, and, better yet, each adapter fits both left feed, right feed AND centerfeed bodies interchangably. They do not use the 'nubbin', they use a different, proven detent (supplied)- I've blown a case through my red-Splash CF-modded LX 'Mag so far, with no chops, no misfeeds, no wear and no damage.

As I said, I'm hoping to get these done and in my hot little hands within six weeks. I need to get more details from the shop before I quote any prices, but I expect it to be very affordable.

Also, I have about four or five stainless blanks that have been drilled, but not cut for threads. They're not long enough for an Angel thread, but if you want another style thread adapter (Shocker and ICD might be a bit tough, as multiple-lead threads are a pain in the patella) like Spyder, Phantom, Tippmann (no, not enough room for a FlatLine adapter) or whatever else you can think of, just drop me a line. Custom ones won't be cheap, but still less than the cost of a new high-end barrel.

Anyone interested in the production adapters, please feel free to drop me an E-Mail (doc@docsmachine.com) with the phrase "Automag barrel adapter" in the subject line, and I'll start a first-come-first-served list.

As far as my apparent heresy about the magnetic trigger, please keep in mind the customer had just gotten the gun (an X-Mag) and neither of us had taken any time to fine-tune the trigger. I agree with another Guild poster though, that if the magnets were reversed, so that the force increased with travel rather than decreased, that might feel a little better. Soon's I get an E-Mag or X-Mag to fool with myself, I'll try it. :)

Doc.