PDA

View Full Version : Stock class VS semi/electro, whats more fun?

ß.C.
01-07-2003, 10:11 PM
**PLEASE RESPOND ONLY IF YOU'VE TRIED BOTH, NO IGNORANCE**(if you never tried stock class you shouldn't be able to make a bias opinion)

I'm currently trying to bring stock class into my local area and would like to show an example of what people think about stock class to local pballers. Personnally I think it is great, like pump airsoft. It's not as disapointing as shooting a superfast gun until a ball eventually hits someone(that is what paintball seems to be heading towards)There is more like strategy and there is a lot more motion. Please if you play both throw your opinions out and persuade these to play or not to play.

Also do you think pistols should be able to be used in stock class(more of a general question, stock gun VS pistol, fair?)

What do YOU think?

manike
01-08-2003, 08:28 AM
I play both and love them both. But there was no option for both so I didn't vote.

Pistols should be stock class also. No semi auto's should be allowed at all.

manike

RamboPreacher
01-08-2003, 09:02 AM
I am with Manike on this one. THough I did vote for SC. The problem I have is I am kindof a "purist" when I play SC and there just aren't that many "real" SC players/markers out there.

My wife said late last year, "watching the Stock Class tournament at the PanAm was definately more fun that watching the spray-paint-marathons"

digitard
01-08-2003, 09:26 AM
There's a ref at one of my local fields (he's a big mag supporter) and he was using a pump gun last weekend for the last few games ... I think he took out 1/2 their teams, he's insanely accurate with that thing.

Sincerely,
Dave K

ogre55
01-08-2003, 11:06 AM
I am with Manike and RamboPreacher. It's all paintball and it's all good.

B.C.: When you say pistols should be allowed in SC, do you mean semi pistols? If so, then no, Stock class should be pump only.

Also, B.C. if you are in Mass. and want to play stock, hook up with the Paintball Marshals. The majority of east coast Marshals are in Mass.

Manike: When you say pistols should be SC do you mean all pistols or just pump pistols?

Ogre

magman007
01-08-2003, 12:03 PM
I have to agree with the others, I completely love my sfl, just as much as i do my green acid wash stock class phantom vsc. I love to hose a few on the speed ball field, but i also love to pick my shots. Stock class helps me make my semi game better.

I love stock class, even thoiugh im new to it, i am in love. id have to say stock class is a little more interesting than the semi game

RTGuy86
01-08-2003, 07:27 PM
stock class rules. exspecially when you go out to the field and they ask" Your using a pump?""HA HA that guys crazy he is using a pump" and then you say well you want me to use this as you whip out you mag. god the looks on their faces. but stock class is way more fun while rec balling w/ alot of newbs.

EnderWigginPballin
01-08-2003, 08:09 PM
they're about even i think, but playing SC or semi-pistol is a whole lot more affordable.

it's also a really big rush to stand there with a little PGP or somthing and realize that the whole other team has high end semis... and then go shoot 3 or 4 of them

toymyster
01-08-2003, 08:34 PM
I also have had lots of fun with either, I am not going to vote because I do not consider one "more fun" than the other!! I enjoy both!!!

Fred
01-08-2003, 09:14 PM
I like both.

I play pump almost exclusively (95% of the time), and stock class about half of that time. SC is perfect for my style of outdoor rec ball, and its absolutely the best when playing against other SC players.

I prefer to have a hopper on my pump though for airball/speedball games though, but I only go on the field with half a hopper or less... :) being able to AT 3 shots is much more effective than 1 ball when you're shooting slower indoor velocities too...

---Fred

beefstew
01-08-2003, 09:35 PM
i love both. if i had to chose i think i would chose semi, jsut because its so much more versitile because you can play almost all games with a semi, where as hyper and supair games are really hard with stock. mabye i dont play good enough stock, but it seems to me that both are fun in there own ways. as for the pistol debate i say sure, a phantom or other high-end pump is always going to take some cheap semi-pistol from 32*. although i do love it sometimes as a sidearm playing rec

halB
01-08-2003, 10:06 PM
stock class definetly. i started playing stock class, and im going back to it even as we speak

Danz
01-09-2003, 03:19 PM
I Love Stock Class!

There is nothing like spending a day of hard played, choice paintball and realizing at the end of the day that you only used 200 rounds.

Danz.

manike
01-09-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Danz
used 200 rounds.

200 rounds! You hoser!

Last time I played stock I played all afternoon and shot about 30 rounds. Had more hits than misses also :)

Most shots per minute got fired over the chrono ;)

RamboPreacher
01-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by manike
200 rounds! You hoser!

Last time I played stock I played all afternoon and shot about 30 rounds. Had more hits than misses also :)

Most shots per minute got fired over the chrono ;) I'll bet he means pump play, not Stock Class Pump. :) IIRC, the last time I played a whole day 9am-5pm of rec games using my PG, I used 3 whole tubes of paint and one 12 gramm. - it was sooo much fun!

PsychoBaller
01-10-2003, 12:31 AM
stock most def. requires more skill... positioning.. and most of all Patience.. heh....

mad fun... I'm sad I sold my old Phantom... then after having SNiper2 for a couple yrs... sold that.... RT kinda took over my life... needed more things zipping past my head... and more fast paced action

~da "get ur dirty minds out of the gutter" baller

Danz
01-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Hoser Huh!?

I said Loved it, I never said I was good at it!:D

In my own defence, last time I played stock class pump (Phantom) was against the Paintball Marshels at Strategy Plus. Those guys & gals rock.

Danz.

ogre55
01-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
I'll bet he means pump play, not Stock Class Pump. :) IIRC, the last time I played a whole day 9am-5pm of rec games using my PG, I used 3 whole tubes of paint and one 12 gramm. - it was sooo much fun!

Actually, no he means stock class. I know because I was there with him. SC is coming into it's down hear on the right coast. The kids in So. Cal started the revolution and it has come here with a passion.

Last time we played stock was at Strategy Plus paintball in CT. There were enough people for games of 20 v. 20 and more.

We even played some all stock speedball in a big bowl with a town in it.

I am not kidding, there is footage. Go to http://www.stockpaintball.com/videos.html

Some of the most fun I have ever had slingin' paint. Notice that both side had to descend into the bowl when the game starts.

And for those that are interested and live in the area, there are more stock games scheduled starting in March when the whether warms up.

Ogre

RamboPreacher
01-10-2003, 02:59 PM
That is soooo kewl! it's finaly hip to be square!

ogre55
01-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
That is soooo kewl! it's finaly hip to be square!

Hey Danz, we have the RP seal of approval. :D.

Seriously though, maybe now that some AOers have seen the fun we have with our little itty bitty stock rigs, some of the more local ones will come out and play. I have started threads on AO regarding these events every time they came up, but few if anyone, have ever replied, or showed up that I know of. Which, considering that everyone who has posted thus far has either said that they prefer SC or find it just as enjoyable as Semi play, is a bit surprising.

Maybe that will change now.

Ogre

Mossman
01-10-2003, 09:27 PM
I've played with SC and Pump markers...but never against other pumpers :)

While it was a whole new ballgame with a lot more thinking and challenge, I can't say if i like it more than Semi play....

Anyhow, tomorrow hopefully with the help of Reo5th and Angry Man a poooor pooor right feed body is gonna be hacked up with a dremel. Hopefully by 6pm when i gotta go to hockey it should have 2 copper tubes somehow attached to the top, with holes on both sides of the body and some kinda bumper in the middle.

Why you ask?

So i can switch clips with my T lock barrel of course!

heheh....should be fun, and especially fun if it actually works.

Sam

Ov3rmind
01-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Both are loads of fun to play, it really depends on what mood I'm in. Since I don't have a pump of my own, I've actually thought about buying a kit for my Cocker so I could switch off.:D

folder504
01-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Ah, it's sooo much fun to play with a little PGP against all the semi's. About 1/2 the time I play, I do so with my PGP. I need more 12 grams....

nato
01-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Today I decided to put my SFL away for about 4 games to play with my PGP. (I was playing against mostly all well rounded paintball players.) After chrono'ing I went onto the field to see horrified eyes behind the players masks. Now, they wern't horrified of my skills that they could not yet see, but they were horrified to see if I would have to be on their team. To make things short I played those games and got more kills or equal amounts of kills as to that of most of the guys there with their electro's. Also I used a total of about 15-20 balls a game rather than 20 balls a second:D. Overall, my point is that mostly the skill level is the only thing on the field that is going to make you win... not your marker. By the way, I got more kills with my pgp than with my SFL today, hehe.

N.A.T.O.

Spaceman613
01-11-2003, 11:41 PM
I just love to play paintball!!! Stock, pump and semi. I actually like pump most. Ill hose and shoot 100 rounds a game, but usually 20 or 30 rpunds will do the trick.

Hey Fred! When we gonna hook up and shoot some more pump? I wanna go paint some punks.