PDA

View Full Version : on/off assembly mystery

chewbaka
01-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Its not a problem, but it could be one(field stripping). After playing, I get home and the first thing I do is to clean my gun. I pull out the valve and the whole on/off assembly pops out, as if it were pressurized, which it is not. I was just wondering why this happens.

chewy

Dayspring
01-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Do you have a level 10? Cuz if you do, it's a common problem. The Level 10 kit keeps about a shot's worth of air in the chamber. Enough to presurize everything, but not enough to fire.

Best way to prevent that from happening is to have a quick disconnect or slide check on your air line to bleed off the air.

BTW- you might want to check out your On/off pin. Make sure it didn't get messed up or shaved/bent when you took it out under pressure.

chewbaka
01-07-2003, 11:23 PM
I don't have a level 10. I do have a quick dissconnect from the vert adapt, I'll disconnect it next time. I haven't checked to see if the pin is damaged. I don't think it is, but I'll check

thanks
chewy

athomas
01-09-2003, 02:19 PM
All mags will have some residual air in the chamber even after the gun's air supply is turned off and dry fired unless the air supply is disconnected or the air lines bled off. Retro valves are noted to hold some air in the chamber even after the air supply is removed. The level 10 valves hold more residual air than the normal valve because the bolt won't release once the chamber pressure goes below a certain (high) value.

A safe way to strip the gun would be to degass the lines by removing the air source or using a disconnect. Then press and hold the trigger while removing the valve from the gun. This will push the on/off pin up inside the valve and hold the sear down. As the valve is pulled out the back of the gun, the bolt will stay forward and allow air to escape safely out the front. The valve once free of air can't push the on/off pin out. The on/off pin will be safely pushed up into the valve so it won't get bent by sideways contact with the body.

chewbaka
01-10-2003, 10:19 PM
thanks a lot for the help. Next time my on/off won't pop out.

chewy