PDA

View Full Version : Adding color to a minimag..

Trench_Riader
01-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Ok, I just about have all the hardware the way I want it on my Minimag. Now it's time to "make it mine" and look to the visual apeal of the gun. I have looked over the gallery and noticed several guns that have colored receivers. Call me insane, but I would like to somehow add red and black to my gun's receiver...it would compliment the black on the trigger assembly.

Forgive my ignorance, but anodizing is only possible on aluminum parts, correct? In that case, how would one add color to a steel part like the minimag's receiver? Yes, yes, I realise that such a modification would void my warrenty, but this is an old "pre-star" gun that is not under the warrenty anyway.

Any sugestions on were to start? (note that I'm looking to get this done rather than messing with it myself...)

Thanks,
"Trench Raider"
RMOG AO BEOG

thevilduk
01-08-2003, 12:59 AM
you can send your stuff in to get it powder coated. Look around on the web for places that do it. Its relativly cheap, (i think cheaper than annoing)

duk

Gijim
01-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Just email or pm Junky on these forums, he powdercoats mag bodies for a very good price and he does excellent work. Click here My MAG (http://community.webshots.com/user/gijim7) and you'll see a nice pic of my gloss black mag that Junky powdercoated. Just open the folder to see a bigger pic.