PDA

View Full Version : My calculation on how long it will take me to save for a xmag

Automaggin2
01-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Lets see, if i get a job, and make 100 dollers a week on average......

Save 30 of that for paintballing
put 30 for spending money
40 for the xmag

it will take me.....37.5 weeks to save for an xmag :(

PsychoBaller
01-08-2003, 05:59 PM
by that time they might actually be rolling off the assembly line.... jk AGD.. heh.

Maggin.. I shoul share my pain with you... from buying my SFL and other goodies.. easily spent over $2000 in December on new stuff.

Paid Credit Card: $1525 for - SFL EMag, HaloB, Redz Dimension 3.2, Red Vforce Morph, Smoke Lense, JT Gloves, Dye 10" boomer for my old RT, New 68/4500 Geddon (xmas present -no pay yay) and some other small stuff.....

~da baller

ben_JD
01-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Don't forget the mugging you will most likely get from the Federal and state Governments. If you are making $100 a week, you will likely have a light federal and state income tax burden, but $6.20 of that $100 will go to the social security system (never to be seen again by you) and $1.45 will go to the Medicare system. That's $7.65 that will not be in your pocket plus the state and federal income taxes which will most likely add up to another $10.00 or so at your tax bracket. Your $100 is now about $83.

The more you make, the more you pay. One day, you may be lucky enough to be paying 6.2% to Social Security, 1.45% to Medicare and 38.6% to the federal government (don't forget to count the money that New Jersey wants from you, too).

Good luck and welcome to the land of the employed.

Automaggin2
01-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
by that time they might actually be rolling off the assembly line.... jk AGD.. heh.

Maggin.. I shoul share my pain with you... from buying my SFL and other goodies.. easily spent over $2000 in December on new stuff.

Paid Credit Card: $1525 for - SFL EMag, HaloB, Redz Dimension 3.2, Red Vforce Morph, Smoke Lense, JT Gloves, Dye 10" boomer for my old RT, New 68/4500 Geddon (xmas present -no pay yay) and some other small stuff.....

~da baller

Your probably not a 17 year old high school student either :rolleyes:

banzaimf
01-08-2003, 06:30 PM
I paid more in taxes last year than I made the my last year in the navy (4 yrs ago)

digitard
01-08-2003, 06:54 PM
By my guestimate I'll be 85yrs old by the time I can save up money ..lol

Stupid bills!

:)

Sincerely,
Dave K

Kevmaster
01-08-2003, 11:37 PM
yeh...taxes bite...social security will stay around JUUUUST long enough for me to pay it and then itll die before i get to use it...oh well

PsychoBaller
01-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Im a 20yr old college student.. but ive built up my credit line over the yrs, very smart when it comes to Money

GOOOO PLATINUM... i dont even know wut the max amt of credit i have on this card... probably can easily buy a mid sized car with it...

Yes i do pay things eventually though... so the money I have is well saved, instead of (always) relying on the Card... heh

~da "living comfortably at the moment" baller

TNS2k2
01-08-2003, 11:46 PM
Do as i am doing...Mom can you get this credit card so i can put stuff on it? I will make payments and it will be paid off soon. So i let the credit card build up in intrest but i get what i want, just takes a little while to pay it off.

mag-hatter
01-09-2003, 12:15 AM
it would take me even longer since i dont hold a job. i get 5 bucks a week. 20 a month. xmags are...how much? 1500 bucks? hmm. that means that in 300 weeks, or 75 months, or approx. 6 years! yay! by then, they'll be like 25 cents, and cars will be flying.

Bucky
01-09-2003, 01:23 AM
with expenses for school, and the lameness of my job, by the time i get enough money saved up for an x-mag, the
y-mag will already be out.

PsychoBaller
01-09-2003, 01:25 AM
TNS... i wish getting my card yrs ago was like that......

I've built mine up from my good investing and ontime payments....

Wish my parents helped me out with getting my first line of credit.

~da "all on his own" baller

covadsucks
01-09-2003, 12:47 PM
You would do much better with a side job along with a part time job. When I was in high school I did landscaping for my neighbors as well as for my folks, it paid 40 every other week from each household. Three houses a month made me 240 a month and I pocketed it all. Course this wasn't just mowing the lawn, it was actually taking care of the entire yard, plants, trees, weeding, you get the idea.

Look into some avenues like that...even detailing cars, I made a hundred bucks a car, took all day to do by hand but the money made was well worth it. There are ways to make quick money -legally. It just takes some effort on your part to do so.

Xerces
01-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TNS2k2
Do as i am doing...Mom can you get this credit card so i can put stuff on it? I will make payments and it will be paid off soon. So i let the credit card build up in intrest but i get what i want, just takes a little while to pay it off.

thats a horrible thing to do. you're getting the gun now, but later on in life when youre trying to buy something a bit bigger, the lender is going to see your credit history and give you a high interest rate, if he will loan you the money at all.

Jonno06
01-09-2003, 04:50 PM
I think you shouldnt have to pay taxes unless you make over 100,000 per year,that way it would all even out,not to mention housing for homeless could be more than a dream..'

and the government spends 11billion on terrorism each year.

Kevmaster
01-09-2003, 05:14 PM
yeh, itll bite you in the *** down the line to put something on your card and not pay for it then...besides a bank will charge 5-10% for a loan...the CC charges 18-20% on their "loans"

oh, and the people making 100K plus pay for 90-95% of our governments expenses...

ben_JD
01-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
I think you shouldnt have to pay taxes unless you make over 100,000 per yearInteresting comment. Unfortunately, what you "wish" were true is already nearly a reality.

Rynoboy06
01-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Don't forget you can work full time in the summer and make a lot more money. I've made $3000+ in a summer, just working at a convenience store. That'll buy you some pb goods.

TNS2k2
01-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Xerces

thats a horrible thing to do. you're getting the gun now, but later on in life when youre trying to buy something a bit bigger, the lender is going to see your credit history and give you a high interest rate, if he will loan you the money at all.

Nah, not my card, and my mom never uses credit cards, but this will be an exception, i think i am paying it will credit card, paying card with bank loan, making payments on Bank loan.

_Spork_1
01-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
Lets see, if i get a job, and make 100 dollers a week on average......

Save 30 of that for paintballing
put 30 for spending money
40 for the xmag

it will take me.....37.5 weeks to save for an xmag :(

i got an easier way, dont paintball for 21 weeks, orr don't spend the spending money and don't paintball for 15 weeks and then paintball every week with your new c and c xmag!

i did that for a gun once, well worth it

Xerces
01-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by TNS2k2

Nah, not my card, and my mom never uses credit cards, but this will be an exception, i think i am paying it will credit card, paying card with bank loan, making payments on Bank loan.

still translates into bad credit