PDA

View Full Version : Simple Radio Telemetry

Darkstorm
01-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Anyone around know anything about the subject?

01-08-2003, 10:54 PM
simple..... ? ;)

Darkstorm
01-08-2003, 11:44 PM
what I mean is I only want to communicate an on/off indication with a unique id. One way from the device to the receiver. Looking for a place to find better information. I have GREAT paintball idea.

01-09-2003, 12:10 AM
if you are thinking wireless intellifeed...... it has been discussed before.

nerobro
01-09-2003, 12:14 AM
How about the local libary? And I'd be quick to run this by the NPPL first, they don't like radio of any form.

PsychoBaller
01-09-2003, 04:24 AM
there are to many signals at NPPL tournys, or rather... tournys in general... due to the amount of signals in the air... Radios... walkie talkies (fun to spell that out)... not to mention all the electronic disturbance from a billion people on their cell phones and such...

~da "not good.. but decent in put" baller

01-09-2003, 09:45 AM
one of my friends had a cb radio with a 500 watt amp, and 2 miter whip antenna on the center of the roof on his datsun.

he could make florecent lights flicker by talking into it, he could talk on any radio nearby at any frequency (the signal is soo powerfull that it would overide the filters). he would go order something from mcdonalds, and tell the people working there, that it was god, and not to spit in his burger.

.... anyways, if you had something dependant on a wireless signal to operate, all it would take is a little outside interferance to make your day ;)

Darkstorm
01-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Actually I want to build devices for the game operators. My initial thought was scenarios, but had already thought of some potential tourney uses. The whole concept is to have a basic signally capability that would allow for a much better display of what is going on in the game. This stuff is kind of like an airball field, a player does not really use one, it is just providing the basic infrastructure of the field.

I have a number of specific concepts, but I need to get the Telemetry worked out first. The rest is easy.