PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Vertical Tank adapter

Seamonkeas
01-09-2003, 01:28 AM
Hi I have an 68 automag classic with no upgrades. It is a used gun and may need replacement parts. When I hook up my tank to the vertical adapter it starts to leak co2. If anyone has any solutions, please let me know.
Thanks

TheTramp
01-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Where is the leak? Is it comming out of where the tank screws in or out of the fitting that leads to the valve?

If it's where you screw your tank in, you probably need a new o-ring on your tank.

If it's from the fitting you need to unscrew the fitting and use teflon tape or blue loctite on the threads when screwing it back in.

warpfeedmod
01-09-2003, 11:24 AM
also perhaps try placing an o-ring in the asa adapter when you screw in the tank.

So if you turn the marker upside down, drop an o-ring in there, then screw in the tank on top of that compressing the o-ring. I had to do that with my classic68 way back when i started.

Seamonkeas
01-09-2003, 03:00 PM
It's leaking out of a little hole on the vertical adapter. I hook up the tank it takes a few seconds to pressurize and then it starts just spraying it out of this hole. The hole is almost like a relief hole or something on the adapter.

TheTramp
01-09-2003, 03:05 PM
That is absolutly a problem with your tank's o-ring. Replace the o-ring on the tank and also try putting an o-ring in the vertical adaptor like warpfeedmod suggested. This will improve the sealing potential as well as decrease the depth that the tank screws in.

Give this a try and let us know how it works.

Seamonkeas
01-09-2003, 03:17 PM
There needs to be a o-ring in the tank adapter? If I hook my tank up to other guns it will work just fine. If I need to replace the o-ring in the tank adapter will a tank o-ring work or is there a special ring i need?

TheTramp
01-09-2003, 03:26 PM
There shouldn't be one in there now. Most of the time you don't need one but once in a while a tank and an ASA (like the vert. or a bottom-line) don't get along (I've got a bottom line ASA that's very picky). Putting a tank o-ring in there can fix the problem. No special o-ring needed, just use a normal tank o-ring.

Seamonkeas
01-09-2003, 03:33 PM
I also would like to know where to find a manual and I want to know if the on/off pin is designed to hold the valve to the body of the gun or not. And if the on/off pin could cause a problem. It's not like it the gun leaks automatically it leaks several seconds after (atleast 10).
and it spews it out that hole

Seamonkeas
01-09-2003, 04:08 PM
and the a.i.r valve is a regulator. Is there anyway I could of changed the setting on it so that it made co2 come out of the vertical adapter?

beefstew
01-09-2003, 04:46 PM
this could be an on off problem, but if i understand you correctly you should change the oring ON the tank, and put a tank oring in the bottom of the asa (push it down with your finger) this should solve the problem.
---beef---

Seamonkeas
01-09-2003, 07:59 PM
The new o-ring didn't really work. Could something else be wrong. The gun will shoot fine now for about 30 seconds and then you hear a small leak near the valve and then it starts spewing out the relief on the vertical adapter.

TheTramp
01-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Did you put the extra o-ring in the vertical adaptor as well as on the tank?

Seamonkeas
01-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I put one in the vertical adapter as well. I tried switching the adapters to another gun and it worked so I will just buy a new one. But when It did switch them, I noticed there was a small leak out of the on/off assemble. If I replace the assemble will it fix the problem?

TheTramp
01-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Seamonkeas
But when It did switch them, I noticed there was a small leak out of the on/off assemble. If I replace the assemble will it fix the problem?

The assembly itself is probably fine. Replacing the o-rings couldn't hurt though. Try cleaning all the parts and rings and re-oiling them first. It could just be a little bit of dirt or whatever. If it still leaks then replace the o-rings.

Great thing about the Mag is that a new o-ring or two generaly fixes whatever problem you have.

Seamonkeas
01-10-2003, 05:06 PM
What if I had widened the hole on the on/off bottom.