PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Manual mode

Blazingace
01-09-2003, 02:11 AM
I took the E-Mag to the field this past weekend. I was all set to blow everyone away with it. I went to the chrony station and tried firing in E mode. One shot and nothing. OK I try again. One shot and nothing. I notice that the sear rod is not poking out of the grip frame. I disassemble the gun. The sear rod has snapped off by the threads and the shaft is stuck in the gun. I remove the sear rod assembly and put the gun back together. It fired fine in E mode. No manual or hybrid since the rod was gone. I am using a rod off another gun but I had to adjust the rod length since it was off a Minimag sear. Why would it do this? Where can I get just the E-mag sear rod and clevis? It works in hybrid and manual mode now but my Minimag is without a sear. Is this normal?

Potatoboy
01-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Now, I'm no certified tech... but I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that breaking is an abnormal function of the sear.

You might want to replace it with one that doesn't have the "broken" upgrade applied.

warpfeedmod
01-09-2003, 08:46 AM
give AGD techs a call, they'll probably just send you a near assembly (rod, sear and all) if you ask and explaint ot hem what happend.

Blazingace
02-25-2003, 04:27 PM
I am kicking this up to the top so Black or maybe Rob or Jon can see it. I bought a new one off the Tunaman about a month ago. I played about half a dozen times with it. Put about 12,000 balls an a whole lot of dry fires through the gun.

Guess what?????? It broke again!!!!!!!! Pulled the broken pieces out and played on E-mode the rest of the day. Whats up with this? The rod shows no signs of wear or anything it just snaps. I had the trigger set up to bounce in Hybrid mode. Any help would be nice. And I have to find a new rod somewhere. It is different from the regular 'Mag rods.

cledford
02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Blazingace
I had the trigger set up to bounce in Hybrid mode.

Did you change it? I highly doubt the trigger was designed to be "set up to bounce", so I'm wonder if you tweaked it to a point outside it's operating parameters.

-Calvin

Blazingace
02-28-2003, 12:58 PM
I suppose that could have been the problem. I need to get another rod in order to find out more. I really liked the bouncy trigger. It was super fast and amazed the hell out of everyone who saw it.