PDA

View Full Version : Egg2 and low rise?

wallace9111
01-09-2003, 03:51 PM
is a egg2 and a low rise a bad combination? WIll it cause problems even if I have a lvl 10?

Is the Egg2 forcefeed or not, real answers not speculation?!

RetroEclipseMan
01-09-2003, 04:15 PM
The eggy 2 and the no rise is a great combination. I just used one on my retro mag with a no-rise and lvl 10 last weekend and didn't have one problem. With the speed of the loader all the way up i couldn't get the lvl 10 to kick in even if i tried and that was fanning the trigger at close to 13 bps. They don't even look all that bad on the gun either and the profile isn't that much bigger than a a revy. As far as them being forcefed I'm not positive but from what I've heard they are but not as good as the halos. But the performance was good enough that I'm going to get an eggy2 over a halo b just because of the price and weight differnce.

Kevmaster
01-09-2003, 05:20 PM
yep, itll be fantastic man!

Youll love it

jah871
01-09-2003, 05:48 PM
works great but mine was really really loose but i fixed that.

56kSomeGuy
01-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Yes the evo II is a force feed.

AutoMaggot
01-09-2003, 06:44 PM
I just tested my Egoo2 by filling it up with paint and then letting it flow back into the back...

:eek:

sniper1rfa
01-09-2003, 06:48 PM
the problem with the egg...

me and manike discussed this, and came to the conclusion that drop tests are useless for the egg. it reacts to an empty feed neck, like a rev, therefore the first shots are STILL GRAVITY FED.

so, although its great at keeping the neck full, definately more so than a rev, it is still, in essence a gravity dependent loader. BOOOOO! *throws tomato*

Kevmaster
01-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Maybe i missed something with the halo...but how does it differ? Isnt that what BE is sueing them over...they use an eye to detect a paintball missing?

sniper1rfa
01-09-2003, 08:54 PM
im not quite sure, but i believe the eye in a HALO detects the movement of the stack (seems unlikely, anybody know for sure?). this, combined with the springloaded drive cone allows the paint to be under constant pressure, thus the FIRST shot (and all subsequent shots) is force fed.

wallace9111
01-09-2003, 10:45 PM
will it be enough for to handle my emag? Will blow back and a low rise affect the egg2?

jah871
01-09-2003, 10:48 PM
no it will not. the evo will feed my emags fine. one is a low rise and one is a micro emag. i have not had any trouble with them miss feeding. they also work well on angles.

JEDI
01-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
the problem with the egg...

me and manike discussed this, and came to the conclusion that drop tests are useless for the egg. it reacts to an empty feed neck, like a rev, therefore the first shots are STILL GRAVITY FED.

so, although its great at keeping the neck full, definately more so than a rev, it is still, in essence a gravity dependent loader. BOOOOO! *throws tomato*

Are the balls able to fall freely from an Eggo2 like the first few in a revvy thats not on(unlike Halo which wont)? Is that why the first shots are always gravity fed, because the eye hasnt applied any "push to them" ?

billmi
01-10-2003, 12:42 AM
The HALO senses resistance in the motor when it pulses. You can actually take the eye out of a HALO (the belt drive models) and it will still feed.

The eye is part of a feedback system, and I believe the motor is slowed down when the eye detects paint, but the eye isn't necessary, and it doesn't wait for a gap in the feed-stack before it starts feeding (the paint is under a constand light spring pressure, so it feeds as soon as the breech is open.)

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Kevmaster
01-10-2003, 07:41 AM
great description...thanks for the help there bill

sniper1rfa
01-10-2003, 12:03 PM
excellent. makes sense.