PDA

View Full Version : getting a phantom. please reply

TheMagGuy
01-09-2003, 06:21 PM
I am about to get a phantom off of ebay to use as an extra gun (still keeping the mag). Does anyone here have one? Am I making the right decision? Please reply!

Fred
01-09-2003, 06:26 PM
sometimes there are just posts that are meant for me... :)

Yes, its the right choice, if you want to get into Pump games and have a good time.

Phantoms are awesome markers, very versatile, great quality, with outstanding customer service from CCI behind them.

This will be my third year shooting a phantom (i've had two, my current phantom is a very custom piece from Punisher's...), and I love them.

For more info check out the Phantom Owners Group. www.phog.org :cool:

There's a LOT of good info there regarding phantoms, pump tactics, etc.

---Fred

Snake847
01-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Y don't you get a pump mag instead?

xadamx
01-09-2003, 07:14 PM
they stopped making the kits and they are hard to find now in complete sets

Originally posted by Snake847
Y don't you get a pump mag instead?

Snake847
01-09-2003, 07:19 PM
not really. Buy the kit from the AGD store and talk to sliverfox for the cocking rod and for milling of rail!

Cypres0099
01-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Phantoms are awesome. They are so fun to play with. That's what I have in my sig, most people probably think It's a mag. :)

They are so fun to play with and people think it's funny that you use a pump. Well, I don't use it all the time.

xrancid_milkx
01-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Phantoms are very nice markers. I would recommend one to all types of players. They really do make your game better. I play with my phantom for a whole year until I got my Minimag and I could deffinitly see the differance in my overall performance.

madmatt151
01-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Hey, Phantoms are awesome, but get your hands on a Sterling, and you wil love it as well. Once I shot one, I knew it was the gun ifor me, just like the Mag. There is a nice one oneBay right now, I haev been admiring it for some time now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16048&item=1987891200&rd=1

Either way you will have a great time playing pump and beating those with electros with it! Trust me its fun!

TheMagGuy
01-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks for all the help! I don't really want a pump mag or sterling though, I am really set on getting a nice stock phantom. Anyone have one to sell or know where I can get one? Looking to get one for around $120 or less. Also have a black dragon w/ 20oz that I could trade. Anyone have a deal? Post all your offers hear. thanx!

HoppysMag
01-09-2003, 10:17 PM
check the PHOG classifieds ( see link in freds post) i have a phantom and love it.;) :D

Josh2Xtremes
01-09-2003, 10:57 PM
My Phantom is so old it has a fixed barrel and every time you air it up it starts babbling about "back in MY day we didn't HAVE constant air..."
The gun is one of the most accurate I have ever owned and it is still all original parts, except one. The Phantom is an outstanding piece of paintball equipment and I'm sure you'll love it.
:D