PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who has lost money with MODIFIED PAINTBALL PLEASE READ!

battlegroup
01-09-2003, 10:36 PM
I filed a complaint with the FBI for internet fraud against Modified Paintball. I urge you to do the same. I just filled out a form on this website:
http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
It is easy, only takes a few minutes, and may get us our money back. I have lost alot of money because of Modified and if more than one complaint is filed it will increase the chances of action.

Thank you

Bill

AcemanPB
01-09-2003, 11:16 PM
I always heard that it was a good store, what happened? This can't be the same paintball store that everyone always talked good about.

Havoc_online
01-09-2003, 11:18 PM
explain what happened...:confused:

cledford
01-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Ha-Ha!!! I hope they get reamed but good! There has been NUMEROUS posts about those guys not shipping product, taking cash, and never answering the phone or emails. This looks like the perfect setup for the FBI task force. I can't imagine that they'd be investigating every person who rips someone off on Ebay - but a retailer, with a professional web presence and a good deal of irate customers looks "made to order." I hope they get nailed. This not keeping in communication with customers has been going on for months - it was once claimed that the guy who bought it had sick parents - TO BAD! You can't just take peoples money and then screw them because you've got personal issues.

I'd love to see modified show up here and try to defend themselves - it ought to be good.

-Calvin

cledford
01-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Sounds like a classy operation from the git-go - NOT! I would have bought from them because Butter worked there, but after reading the attached it looks like the previous owner was a huge idiot (I would have put something else here but am abiding buy the forum rules...) with a serious complex - I'm glad I never got involved!

What kind of freak takes a customers money and then expects the to be "loyal repeat customers" and not "hurt" their feelings quibbling about the fact that their purchase didn't ship? Jeez...

Check this previous post out:

"Your responses as well as your lack of faith are the VERY reason that I have passed operations over to Terry in California. He may be more resistant and less hurt by your words. Especially from the likes of damageinc who I thought was a loyal repeat customer. This only reaffirms that I was correct in doing as I did with the business.

In the future, for other people you purchase from, for both of your sanity, and if there is any shred of friendship there... for your sakes, GROW UP.

When you get your HALO, don't even bother printing a retraction, just sit there and feel how stupid you all were. A piece of advice for you whether you are physically 30 or 60 years of age, be a bit more mature about these things. If I can leave any of you with anything, Remember Never to Burn Bridges, by saying something potentially abrasive or just downright STUPID.

Like I said, Grin and bear it... or just keep on complaining. Either way, your halo arrives on the same date. If that is not enough for you, well... bother everyone else on the board with your bellyaching, but I've no more time for it.

Don"

from here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47466&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

Mossman
01-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Ya...that thread seemed like modified's downfall.

The weird thing is I got a halo B from that very same group buy, and i had no problems. Got it 2 days after he shipped em all. It may have been airborne express' problems, not Don, and he was in a pissy mood.

Anyhow, sorry i cant join ur little lawsuit, but i hope you get what is owed to you guys.

MantisMag
01-10-2003, 01:29 AM
i ordered a few things from them last year when don still ran things. didn't get one item out of it. shot him an e-mail and got an answer 20 minutes later that they were out of stock and he would ship as soon as he got it. received the final item a few weeks later.

he should have sent an e-mail when he shipped the first part of the order saying that he didn't have one of the items. also it would have been nice if he had let me know when he did receive it and ship it out. however i did get everything so it's all good. i was very courteous in my e-mail to him and received an equally friendly response. being hostile immediately makes someone NOT want to help you.

i think don is a good guy who just couldn't take the heat of working in retail. i work in retail stores and i know how some customers can be. and being a low level employee i don't even have any control over their problems. i always do everything right while i'm at work and people still get mad at me. don had problems filling orders in a timely manner but as far as i know they all got filled. people just got really annoyed after only like a week's delay and started being really nasty to him. he couldn't take it and started lashing back. it all went downhill from there. eventually he turned operations over to this other guy. i haven't been keeping tabs on them since then. seems like things have gotten worse rather than better though. :(

gibby
01-10-2003, 02:18 AM
Don was always good to me whenever I ordered things from him. I'm not sure what happened but I'm sure there's more to it. If they were still in business, I wouldn't hesitate to order from Don again.

damageinc54
01-10-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by cledford
Sounds like a classy operation from the git-go - NOT! I would have bought from them because Butter worked there, but after reading the attached it looks like the previous owner was a huge idiot (I would have put something else here but am abiding buy the forum rules...) with a serious complex - I'm glad I never got involved!

What kind of freak takes a customers money and then expects the to be "loyal repeat customers" and not "hurt" their feelings quibbling about the fact that their purchase didn't ship? Jeez...

Check this previous post out:

"Your responses as well as your lack of faith are the VERY reason that I have passed operations over to Terry in California. He may be more resistant and less hurt by your words. Especially from the likes of damageinc who I thought was a loyal repeat customer. This only reaffirms that I was correct in doing as I did with the business.

In the future, for other people you purchase from, for both of your sanity, and if there is any shred of friendship there... for your sakes, GROW UP.

When you get your HALO, don't even bother printing a retraction, just sit there and feel how stupid you all were. A piece of advice for you whether you are physically 30 or 60 years of age, be a bit more mature about these things. If I can leave any of you with anything, Remember Never to Burn Bridges, by saying something potentially abrasive or just downright STUPID.

Like I said, Grin and bear it... or just keep on complaining. Either way, your halo arrives on the same date. If that is not enough for you, well... bother everyone else on the board with your bellyaching, but I've no more time for it.

Don"

from here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47466&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

This passage that Cledford posted was from a group HALO order that me a one of my team mates participated in. I got my HALO a few days after I paid but DJ Gruv, my team mate, did not. He paid before I did and waited a few days before he said a word. When he asked where his HALO was Don told us "to just sit and wait for it" and "grin and bear it if we dont like it". That pretty much opened up the flood gates for us. DJ Gruv did not get the HALO till 3 weeks later and he received the wrong color. I had a problem with an order from him before the group HALO order and I was worried about buying the HALO from him in the first place. I ordered a 4500 Flatline from him and he told me in an email that he had them in stock ready to ship. It took me a month to get it after I paid for it and that was after countless emails and phone calls to him. What I find funny is whenever I would rip him for his poor customer service I would get hounded by all these AO members about how great MPP is. I hope you guys nail him if you ever find him. If he turns up in the Chicago area tell me where he is. Me and DJ would love to meet him face to face.

rikkter
01-10-2003, 06:06 AM
i think the whole web page is a joke, 20 dollars for shipping on the first item a nd 4 dollars MORE after that for EACH item? ok. no thanks, yeah great prices but not til those "shipping" rates they charge hit you. i dont get why some people actually buy stuff from them.

sides the point. battle maybe if you posted a description on what happend like havoc mentiond, instead of jsut telling us to fill that form out. dur:D

wyn1370
01-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Back in the day modified was a great place to buy from. I used to get everything I could from them and actually suggested to other people to do so as well. Never once had a problem with Don. It actually used to be a good place to buy from. Many people on here used them and had good results.
But once Don stopped running it, I quit buying from them.

Kevmag
01-10-2003, 11:37 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff (E-Mag, Warp, Halo Group order) from Don back in the day. Fortunately, the worst problem I had was getting a clear Halo vs a smoked which I ordered. I just figured I'd grin and bear it...

magman007
01-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
Back in the day modified was a great place to buy from. I used to get everything I could from them and actually suggested to other people to do so as well. Never once had a problem with Don. It actually used to be a good place to buy from. Many people on here used them and had good results.
But once Don stopped running it, I quit buying from them.

if i aid my feelings, i would just be repeating wyn, so im quotin him instead, and saying right on!

battlegroup
01-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Too bad I made my pre-order right before he sent the operation to california:mad:

cphilip
01-10-2003, 02:00 PM
He is still an owner if not THE owner as he has made that clear many times here.

battlegroup
01-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
He is still an owner if not THE owner as he has made that clear many times here.

That's why both Terry's and Don's names are on the complaint I filed. He is trying to help me fix this by calling everyone terry deals with to have him get in touch with me.

Emagster
01-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Don was in my opinion a GREAT person to work with. he did the work I asked him to do and got everything to me very fast and i even had a few conversations with him over the phone just about the weather and how things were going. He told me he was thinking of selling modified around june. I didn't think he would actually, but he did. whenever that big fight about the HALO's came around, i dont think things were handled as should on his part AND the customers. instead of complaining and bellyaching over a forum, the person who's shipments weren't sent should have called or e-mailed Don not just post on a forum. I would believe that the things just got lost in the mail, it has been known to happen. if some of the people hadn't gone so hystaricle and been a easier to get along with(i can understand how 100+ dollars going down the drain could aggrivate you, but thats no reason to start a hissy fit over a forum) from how Don did business with me, he probably would have sent them another one. Terry on the other was not even CLOSE to Don when it came to business. i ordered a retro valve and didn't get it for another 3 months...i got it finally...but it took forever. I also lost 130 some dollars on a body rail i never got. I dont have a reciept or anything so i dont think it would do any good to file a complaint. ohwell...i finally got a rail and i'm fine

cphilip
01-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Emagster,

When it was suggested and rumored that Don had sold it Don came here to AO and posted that he DID NOT SELL IT. He still owns it. He was adamant about that fact. So until I hear different he still is the owner...

irbodden
01-10-2003, 09:01 PM
What a nice scam he setup...

1. Build up bussiness and reputation
2. "Have someone else operate it"
3. Rip people off
4. Profit.

damageinc54
01-11-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Emagster
whenever that big fight about the HALO's came around, i dont think things were handled as should on his part AND the customers. instead of complaining and bellyaching over a forum, the person who's shipments weren't sent should have called or e-mailed Don not just post on a forum. I would believe that the things just got lost in the mail, it has been known to happen. if some of the people hadn't gone so hystaricle and been a easier to get along with(i can understand how 100+ dollars going down the drain could aggrivate you, but thats no reason to start a hissy fit over a forum) from how Don did business with me, he probably would have sent them another one.

Since you seem to think you know exactly how it went down allow me enlighten you to the facts. Every email we sent went unanswered. Our phone calls to him were not answered. He had plenty of time to post on this forum but he could not reply to our emails??? Could not answer the phone? Could not PM us? Could not call us and explain what was up? No, all he wanted to do was run his mouth and lose customers. The HALO did not "get lost in the mail" as you put it. It was never sent in the first place. It was not sent because he did not have enough in stock to cover the orders that HE WAS ACCEPTING!!!! He pulled the same thing with me when I ordered my flatline from him. If he had them sitting there ready to ship how come it took me a month to get it???? We did not come down on him until his "grin and bear it" comment. That is not what you tell a customer when you have his money and cannot even tell him where his order is. I hope he gets what is coming to him.

cledford
01-30-2003, 11:28 AM
So how's this going? Anyone ever get their stuff or money back? Any word from the Feds?

-Calvin