PDA

View Full Version : after 3 + yrs. on the shelf

sureido
01-09-2003, 10:50 PM
I shot a few cases of paint in my new rt automag 3 + years ago and put it in its case for a long sleep.
we woke up and its time to go at it.
1. Before i go out and play what kind of MAINT. should i do to my gun???????????

2. I have a parts kit that came with or i purchased with my guno-rings..sring...etc.(after 3 years are the o-rings still good?)

I also just purchased a new first aid kit.

3. how do i find a ( how to, break down diagram )

take it easy, I'm a old newbie

thanks sureido

ChucktheMAGician
01-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Don't know alot about RT's but here's a link http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=240&CATID=15 to the breakdown on Retro's, maybe it will help? I'd try a couple of searches here and see what comes up. If it was me I would just oil it, gas it up and see how it does. Also if it was me tho, it would work at home and then o-rings would start leaking like crazy when I got to the field and played! Good luck:D

Spray Painter
01-09-2003, 11:28 PM
put a few drops of oil in your ASA and air it up. if it leaks just replace all the orings/seals(just to be safe)in it and air it up again.

Nobody077
01-10-2003, 12:10 AM
My classic mag set for a little over 3 years and all I did was add some oil into the "OIR HERE" holes on my AIR valve and a few drops into the ASA. The gun worked great, if you have iny leaky o-rings try to oil them and re-install before replaceing them. Good Luck and have fun.

BlackVCG
01-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Read my Classic thread about "Taking apart your Retro Valve for the first time."