PDA

View Full Version : last night

oldsoldier
01-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Well, the inevitable finally happened. My grandmother passed away at 230 Eastern time Friday morning. I was in there holding her hand, and talking to her. She took her final breath. I made sure she had gone before I called the nurse, as were her last wishes. She was well loved and will be missed. She lived a good, long life, and fought right to the end. I am thankful that I got to spend her final moments with her. Even though she was comatose, I talked to her the whole time. Whether she could hear me or not, I dont know, nor do I care. I BELIEVE she did, and thats all I need. I was telling her that, should the red sox ever win the pennant, I will bring it to her, when she passed. So, at least we were talking about her favorite thing. I could not have chosen a better person for a grandmother. She will be missed, and will remain with me forever.
Bill

Remington
01-10-2003, 06:50 AM
:( I lost a grandmother about 3-4 years ago so I know exactly how you feel. It's extremely hard to get over the loss of a loved one, and at times you just need to be alone. If you keep thinking about all the good times you had together though, it seems to make things a little better. Hope you feel better soon. We're here for you.

Mango
01-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Bill: I'm so sorry for your loss. But I am glad to see that you were there for her in her final moments. It was a great thing for you to be there with her.

My condolences,
JT

shartley
01-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Condolences to you and yours from me and mine...

Creative Mayhem
01-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Bill, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. Remember one thing, she isn't gone, she will always be in you hearts and minds. My thoughts are with you and you family at this difficult time.

Jeremy

Sig free out of respect.

wyn1370
01-10-2003, 09:03 AM
I know how you feel. I didn't really tell anyone about it. But my grandpa died the day I got back from Shatnerball. I only wish I would have been there as you where for your grandma. Your lucky to have been. It's not fun, but at least you know they lived a long, full life. We all should be so lucky.
A wise man once said something like this, "If it hurts, then you know they were worth knowing."

dre1919
01-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear you lost her oldsoldier...my condolences go out to you. I lost a Grandmother a couple years ago and it wasn't a very pleasant thing either, but I at least took comfort in the fact that I got to spend time with her while she was here and that made it a lot better. You were there with her at the very end, and that makes all the difference. Take care bro.

AutomagRT1483
01-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Oldsoldier, my condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Geoff

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Yea loseing a family member is hard, I lost my papaw a year ago today as a matter of fact, Jan 10 2002 it was pretty hard he died of cancer, he smoked all his life and it was bound to happen. What i watched him go through he got cancer in Nov. and barley made it to Jan. He is alot better off now.

yeahthatsme
01-10-2003, 11:01 PM
wow, i'm so sorry man, my condolences to you and your family. just remember the good.

Hornet
01-10-2003, 11:06 PM
i feel for ya dude i think the whole AGD clan will wish u the best (they better or they might have a some comp. probs if u know what i mean ;) )

oldsoldier
01-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks to all of you for the kind words.

Sinistarr
01-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

G

magman007
01-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Bill man, im truely sorry for your loss, i hope you stay strong, and im sure she herd you. IM glad you fufilled her wishes, and im sure you are as well. Bill the best of luck through these hard times, keep your head up and stay strong. My condolences... The other Bill(Bill007)

Tunaman
01-11-2003, 08:48 AM
God Bless you and your entire family in your time of need. Keep your chin up Bro!;)

Ultimator
01-11-2003, 09:54 AM
I've lost both of the grandparents on my father's side. First my grandmother, then my grandfather. They still don't know why my grandfather died (medically) but I think it was because he really couldn't live without my grandmother. I really feel for you here and I hope that you know she's in a much better place now.

Sincerely,
Paul

magnj
01-11-2003, 10:23 AM
my friend just lost both his grandfathers in the same week. Sorry bout your grandma man. Im lucky to still have mine

Jonno06
01-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Condolences to you and yours from me and mine...

ditto...sorry to hear about your loss.

HoppysMag
01-11-2003, 08:32 PM
sorry to hear that man, my condolences

TooDamnSweet
01-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Bill,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know she could hear you too and I'm sure your words were very comforting to her.

We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Yvonnie and Rey