PDA

View Full Version : SPPLAT Attack DVD

billmi
01-10-2003, 12:20 PM
I about fell out of my chair laughing at the "Extreme Paintball" outtakes section when a camera man is sneaking along a wall, gets shot and falls over, and from no-where, Manike's voice can be heard appologizing to him.

And thanks, Capo for the WARPIG sticker on your hopper in the trading card photo :-)

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

JEDI
01-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I think the best part of the Video is when Shatner just decides he's crossing the feild and cant be shot because of a "cloaking device". Damn! Thats smooth, I gotta get one of those.

manike
01-10-2003, 01:13 PM
:D

I knew someone was coming along the other side of the building, and since I was right at the front line (we'd been clearing people out of the buildings) I knew he wasn't on my team (no one was further forward than us) so I shot first...

I was right he wasn't on my team... :D

But he wasn't on the other team either... I felt bad but it's very funny knowing what happened and seeing it on film.

manike

wyn1370
01-10-2003, 01:17 PM
that and the part with shatner shooting jon in the tit (can I say tit)

spazzed
01-10-2003, 01:17 PM
hehe, that was easily one of my fav. moments! :D

Dayspring
01-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Actually Wyn, you said tit twice. So that'd be a pair of tits. :D

wyn1370
01-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah I know, but now so did you. At least if I go down, I'm taking you with me.

Dayspring
01-10-2003, 01:25 PM
I'm in good company then. :D

leopardhead
01-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Shatnerball techno re-mixes (http://www.spplatattack.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=19&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

courtesy of DigiTard and his ravelicious DJ friends

if you're a file sharer please add these MP3s to your shared files

it'll help promote the movie / sport if these tunes catch on

Thordic
01-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
I think the best part of the Video is when Shatner just decides he's crossing the feild and cant be shot because of a "cloaking device". Damn! Thats smooth, I gotta get one of those.

Bah, that part sucked. They don't show us in the video, but myself, Mango, Capo, Riotz, and some others had him totally surrounded that whole time.

JEDI
01-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

Bah, that part sucked. They don't show us in the video, but myself, Mango, Capo, Riotz, and some others had him totally surrounded that whole time.

I just find it completely hilarious that Shatner would pull something like that. I can picture him in a "sticky" situation in a poker game, pretending to "beam" outta there. :D

leopardhead
01-10-2003, 02:06 PM
yeah I thought "cloaking" was a bit weak too

but I assumed it was agreed as part of the scenario conceit rule.

were other teams given a chance to cloak?

Clare
01-10-2003, 03:45 PM
And thanks, Capo for the WARPIG sticker on your hopper in the trading card photo :-)

anything for my ex-teammate :p :D

SeeK
01-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Some guys made stickers that said "You've been Assimilated" and put them on people. You can see it in the video. Some of them actually believed it and started to play with our guys even though it wasn't in the rules.

Bill, I'm in the rules section when the Big Head says paintballs hurt!

billmi
01-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Ouch!

billmi
01-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Also...

My review of the DVD was published yesterday, here:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/resources/videos/splat_attack/

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

manike
01-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Nice review :) You need to come play the next one Bill.

BTW will you be at LIBG? I'm just formulating plans to invade Long Island :D

digitard
01-16-2003, 10:34 AM
I just got my copy the other day (THanks Leopardhead)... and I enjoyed it.

I loved when Shatner told his wife to shoot those 2 guys in the bunker and she got em both with her Emag ... that ruled!

It could of used more action/etc, but I understand that it was a shatner event so they're going to do most of the footage with him in it if they can.

Enjoyable watch ... maybe next year they can do it again w/ a disk 2 thats just cut scenes of the action of the day.

Oh, I made a mix for the thing which is on www.spplatattack.com under the techno remixes, its the one by Dave K ..lol.. duh

Sincerely,
Dave K

billmi
01-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by manike

Yeah, bummed that I missed it last year.

Haven't locked in late spring travel schedules yet, but the LIBG holds a prime spot on our calendar. Perhaps that event would be a good time for Tom to head east for an AO gathering and donut orgy.

Speaking of which. Next time anyone is in Vegas or any of the 7 states that has one, try a Lamar's Donut (www.lamars.com.) There's one in Vegas. I had some there and it made me say "Krispy-what?!?"

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Dayspring
01-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Long Island, as in Long Island New York?

Originally posted by manike

WARPED1
01-17-2003, 08:01 PM
I think thats the only Long Island,it's not like Springfield.

manike
01-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Long Island, as in Long Island New York?

Yes :)

I will be there for the Long Island Big Game in May.

I am part of the Canadian Contingent and so can be found in the Wild Geese compound.

Come play and say Hi :)

manike

datapimp69
01-18-2003, 01:17 AM
manike,

what you going to do now, isnt it the same weekend as the megameet ?

manike
01-18-2003, 07:10 AM
I'm now a regular to the LIBG, and made a commitment a long time ago to be there.

manike

*ArKfEaR*
01-18-2003, 02:45 PM
After i saw it, i realized how cheezy it was. It was really bad, like just the whole thing. The only good part of it was the final battle. I laughed at everything else, it was too cheezy. Good footage though for paintball on TV.

"The federation is flanking to the right, so we must gather our troops and develop a plan to become victorious.

Narrator Voice: And so our men travel through the planet earth trying to win.

It was just , yah knoe. :) :rolleyes:

WARPED1
01-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Face it,it was the best thing to happen to pb publicity ever,I mean,pay per view?How many times have you seen the World Cup on pay per view?Uummmmmmmmm,zero?

DiRTyBuNNy
01-18-2003, 02:48 PM
I still think the highlight of the whole movie was in the edited scenes where Simon bunkered the camera man..and you hear the cameraman moments later saying something like "the cameraman always gets shot in the nuts"..I just kept rewinding that bit of footage over and over again just to laugh at it...

WARPED1
01-18-2003, 03:09 PM
That was good,it's too bad I recieved the VHS before Xmas becuase I got a DVD player for Xmas.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-18-2003, 03:18 PM
it's on VHS....I got the VHS as a present from Gibby and TDS for X-Ma(g)s...hehehe...just let the credits roll...fast forward..then you can watch Shatner learn how to play paintball and fly a paraglider..after that are outtakes..

WARPED1
01-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I saw all that,just no easter eggs:(.
The folks at williamshatner.com sent me the VHS of Spplat and another Shatner movie(Mind Meld) as a get well soon gift from my hospital stay,it was nice of them!

Apostle
02-18-2003, 06:10 PM
I live in Canada, just across the border in Ontario and i ordered a copy of Spplat Attack a couple of weeks ago. I got it today and watched it a few mins ago, MAN IT RULED! if the next spplat attack is where they say (emr's field) im taking time off to go play for sure! also before i got the movie i downloaded some trailers and i got the 'weltman' trailer, and i was disappointed to see that most of weltman was cut out of the dvd. I didn't think that all of you guys who played in the game would be in this forum, talking about paintball 'n stuff, but most of you guys are here, I think that rules, POWER TO THE AUTOMAG FORUM!!!!

leopardhead
02-20-2003, 03:04 PM
glad to hear you liked it so much

could you help get the word out? Tell your friends to buy it. Thanks

Buy it at http://www.spplatattack.com or from AGD.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
I just picked up a copy of this on DVD off of eBay...man...this is a classic...it must never be left out of print...

--DB

Rudz
08-24-2008, 12:41 AM
I just picked up a copy of this on DVD off of eBay...man...this is a classic...it must never be left out of print...

--DB

i wanna copy :bounce:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2008, 11:32 AM
i wanna copy :bounce:

I just need a copy of the Spplat Attack II dvd...

--DB

Fred
08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
wow what a blast from the past... that event was one of the best I ever went to, AO was in full swing back then... :cheers:

jade_monkey07
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I wish i had been around for that

wow what a blast from the past... that event was one of the best I ever went to, AO was in full swing back then... :cheers:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I wish i had been around for that

I guess you need to find yourself a copy of the DVD so that you can see what it was all about..

--DB

Lee
08-24-2008, 10:51 PM

Fred! you still in Fl?

how's things? been playing any?

sorry for the thread hijack. havn't been on here much lately and just happened to pop in and see Fred posted.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Fred! you still in Fl?

how's things? been playing any?

sorry for the thread hijack. havn't been on here much lately and just happened to pop in and see Fred posted.

Don't worry about hijacking...I, of all people on AO, would never be able to call someone out for hijacking...I used to live and die by thread hijacking...

--DB