PDA

View Full Version : RT pro not tourny legal

Matrix or RT
01-10-2003, 04:06 PM
well i thought they were outlawed in tournies then heard they werent ne more now i hear they are..well are RT pros still outlawed in tournies?>

Load SM5
01-10-2003, 04:07 PM
They have always been legal. If a local tourney won't let you use one that's just their rule.

FutureMagOwner
01-10-2003, 04:08 PM
errr they never were outlawed except for about a week maybe

street1356
01-10-2003, 05:05 PM
why would they be outlawed?

billmi
01-10-2003, 05:40 PM
It was never the RT that was banned (at least from the NPPL, Pan Am, WPF and IAO) but rather runaway triggers that were banned, it just so happens that the guns which first were stopped for violating the ban happened to be RTs.

At one NPPL event (Portland) the tournament's insurance requirements were changed in such a way, that RTs which had been made excessively reactive by shortining the on/off and or running an unusually high input pressure were not allowed on field. Once that was dealt with teams, for the most part, stopped setting up guns that way and it wasn't an issue.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

petefol
01-10-2003, 06:40 PM
you might have heard of the RT trigger for the m98, thats banned if im not mistaken.

billmi
01-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by petefol
you might have heard of the RT trigger for the m98, thats banned if im not mistaken.

I have heard of it, I own one, and it is legal in the NPPL, Pan Am, and IAO (no clue on what rules WPF is using now), and most major fields and tournaments.

Like the Automag RT and ReTro, and E-Mag, it is possible to adjust it to the point where it is a runaway trigger, and that would not be legal, just like setting an Angel LCD to full auto would not be legal.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

heftylefty
01-11-2003, 12:39 AM
What do you mean runaway trigger? Ive never heard of that saying before? A brief explination would be appreciated. thankx

MagmanLee
01-11-2003, 01:26 AM
Runnaway means the trigger is so reactive(kicks back so hard)that the gun becomes close to if not automatic without much effort.

billmi
01-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Yep. It's the term that Bill Cookston (Ultimate Judge at the PSP tournaments) uses to describe a reactive trigger that is so reactive, that you can pull on it with a continuous effort and it will make your finger bounce back and forth to fire multiple shots. It's a pretty vague definition, because it depends a lot on the person pulling the trigger.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

shartley
01-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by billmi
Yep. It's the term that Bill Cookston (Ultimate Judge at the PSP tournaments) uses to describe a reactive trigger that is so reactive, that you can pull on it with a continuous effort and it will make your finger bounce back and forth to fire multiple shots. It's a pretty vague definition, because it depends a lot on the person pulling the trigger.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills
Yup.

And here on AO there have been a few threads arguing the “correct” term for that process. I prefer “runaway” (the term) as well, even though it is not “technically” correct. I don’t like using just the term “reactive” since even at 750 an RTP is “reactive”, but not to the point where it causes trigger bounce. And that just causes too much confusion… where the term runaway seems to be more easily understood by the general public even if it ISN’T technically correct. ;)

heftylefty
01-11-2003, 10:43 AM
Thanks for clearing it up for me.

FESTUS33
01-12-2003, 06:45 AM
Here in Wisconsin We've alway's called it
Sweetspotting, because with the shortened
on/off pin you're trigger develops a
Sweet spot where the marker will just keep
shooting with no effort from the shooter.
Rick:eek: