PDA

View Full Version : Need Help fast! Retro Valve Barrel Leak... (would post in tech if I had enuff time)

Dern
01-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Hey, Sorry that this is not in the tech forum, but I need to fix my retro valve before sunday, and I don't know if enough people will see it on the Tech forum.

To cut to the chase, I just got a used retro valve and when I air up my gun, it starts leaking down the barrel. I have a lvl 10 setup on it, and in my attempts to stop the leaking I put the tightest carrier/oring fitting in. However, the power tube isn't the problem, I believe the On/off is. This is because the trigger doesn't even tense up when I air up the tank and holding down the trigger doesn't stop the leaking either. I have taken it apart, checked the exploded retro valve pics for missing parts, and cleaned and lubricated every oring, yet it still has the barrel leak. The only thing I can think of is the small oring that the on/off head goes into is faulty or something?

please help, any help is greatly appreciated.

warpfeedmod
01-10-2003, 08:35 PM
may sound like common sense but do you have enough air? With level 10 if you have about 1000 psi left it's still sometimes not enough to make the marker work.

FutureMagOwner
01-10-2003, 09:03 PM
and your bolt might not be all the way back?

Dern
01-10-2003, 11:17 PM
the bolt isn't the problem bcause when I pull the trigger (thus stopping air going to the power tube+bolt) it still leaks, It must be an on/off leak I think. When I gas it up, even with nearly 3000 psi in my tank, the sear/trigger still dont tense up like they should. One time I did manage to stop the leaking somehow but I don't know how to repeat that.

Kevmaster
01-10-2003, 11:51 PM
check your four on-off orings and your powertube oring. check the powertube spacer aswell. if you put a new bolt in recently, the pt spacer could cause the problem

Dern
01-11-2003, 01:36 AM
Okay, thanks guys for the help. I think I fixed the problem after examining the Exploded View some more and oiling and cleaning all the orings and parts. I think the on/off O-ring that holds the head of the on/off pin might be wearing down a bit so I'll just grab a new one some time. My retro works for now though :)

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-11-2003, 11:26 AM
I cant beleive my old gun has become a retro:sigh: Hope you get it working Dern.:eek:

Dern
01-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I still got the old valve :) its a wonderful gun :)

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Glad to hear that.