PDA

View Full Version : Automag Questions

Grayso
01-10-2003, 07:21 PM
I am thinking of buying an automag, but had a few questions:

1. Do Automags have to be timed?
I heard somewhere that they did, but I wasn't sure.

2. Can I safely run a minimag off CO2, without causing any problems, or is it not very good for the gun?

3. Can the RT Valve be used with CO2?

4. Does anyone know how big the minimags are? Like the length in inches?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

ChucktheMAGician
01-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Welcome to AO. People will probably mention how this should have been posted in the Automags tech forum and to do a search, maybe not tho since I'm gonna try to answer as many questions as I can?!
1. Never heard of or timed my mags. Autocockers need to be timed, mags usually just need internal adjustments,(not including velocity) like changing spacers or carriers depending on your set up.
2. & 3. Yes and no. Minimag can run on Co2, not if it has a Retro valve tho. If you do use Co2 use an anti-siphon, and/or reg. of some sort to keep liquid out of your valve. A search would help you here to see what others have done to their mags to make them more Co2 friendly.
4. Minimag body is 9 1/4" not including a valve, another 2 1/2". I still don't understand how they are "mini" when they are longer than standard bodies, and the same length as a regular mag when you count barrel tip to valve back.

flanders
01-11-2003, 04:09 AM
the reason for the rt valve not being run on co2 is because if the co2 spikes so does ur velocity thers no regulation or expansion of any kind when u get firing fast

anf this also belongs in another forum