PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10, Xvalve, RT Pro

Borric
01-10-2003, 07:26 PM
I purchased, some time ago, an RT pro, and recently received an X Vlave for Christmass. I had asked for the level 10 upgrade but my uncle said when he asked for the level 10 they said "This valve comes with it". So anyway here I am.

My questions are:

1. Is there any difference between the RT Pro standard (stock) retro valve/chamber assembly and the X valve/chamber assembly? If so could they be listed for me?

2. Can the X Valve be installed on an RT pro. If so, is it a good idea to do so?

Thanks in advance

Remington
01-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Welcome to AO!

Question:

1. No, there is no difference between the two.

2. Yes, it can be installed on all AGD markers except an RT Classic(which you don't have so don't worry about it). It is a great idea to put it on your RT Pro, it will make it a lot lighter. :D

Borric
01-10-2003, 07:41 PM
In installing this valve, is there any compatablity issues I should be aware of?

For example I read some where that I should keep my my ON/OFF ASSEMBLY. The assembly provided with the X valve kit will have the wrong size on/off pin.

Small undocumented stuff such as that...

Bulldog
01-10-2003, 07:51 PM
You will be fine. The only users that applies to are micromag users, and maybe emags. The X Valve should have zero compatability problems with your RT Pro. Install it and enjoy.

Oh and Welcome to AO. :)

Borric
01-10-2003, 10:30 PM
However it will not fire now. The triger charges up and there is resitance, but when I depress the triger, there is no discharge, however the triger remains charged through out the entire process.

Any advice?

BlackVCG
01-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Tighten the velocity adjuster until it does shoot.

Borric
01-10-2003, 10:52 PM
I really appreciate all the help first of all.

However, I have tried that (as per the instructions) all the way to the point that the Vel. nut is adjusted all the way to a stop and slowly worked my way back. Still a 'no go'.

The next step is to replace the spacers with 'larger' sizes, however I cannot see a difference in size in any of the provided spacers. They have no visible indication of size that I can see (they do have different grove placements and such but I cannot tell what the different patterns mean).

BlackVCG
01-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Borric-

Each ring on the carriers (brass spacers) indicates one full size. Three dots indicates a half size.

So a carrier with two rings means it's a 2.0 and one with two rings and three dots means it's a 2.5. The higher the number, the larger the carrier and the less compression it puts on the carrier o-ring for a looser fit.

Take out the carrier and o-ring that's in the valve now and use the o-ring that's IN that carrier and put it in the carrier that's one-half a size bigger than the one currently in the valve. Try that and let me know how it goes.